Yet another SR250 Tracker UK Build

That solution would have been easier, as we had to use liquid Nitrogen to get those threaded ones out of the forks, they had well and truly stuck/corroded :-\

What views do you guys have on the placement of the voltage regulator? I would like to hide it out of the way to keep the triangle nice and clean, ie not mount it flat on the underside of the battery tray, but it needs to be in clean air to allow it to cool, this is especially important with the anti-gravity battery I'm fitting.

I was thinking of mounting it facing forward just below the rear tank mount, i.e. just above the air filter/carb. Any other areas you would recommend that are unobtrusive but will not affect its performance?

Ta

Dave

vortexracing said:
That solution would have been easier, as we had to use liquid Nitrogen to get those threaded ones out of the forks, they had well and truly stuck/corroded :-\

What views do you guys have on the placement of the voltage regulator? I would like to hide it out of the way to keep the triangle nice and clean, ie not mount it flat on the underside of the battery tray, but it needs to be in clean air to allow it to cool, this is especially important with the anti-gravity battery I'm fitting.

I was thinking of mounting it facing forward just below the rear tank mount, i.e. just above the air filter/carb. Any other areas you would recommend that are unobtrusive but will not affect its performance?

Ta

Dave

Don't forget to take into account "heat sink" if mounted above the engine. Hardly an issue today with -3 degrees outside !

vortexracing said:

Triumph puts theirs just below the headlight on the forks. Painted flat black.

Its been a slow 3 weekends on the bike, the de-tabbing and blending out of the shock mount area took ages. Hopefully it will be OK when it's painted. Manicuring with a 4.5" angle grinder would be the best way to describe it, thank goodness for the Dremmel to finish off all 'the hard to get to' places. :(
Battery tray was folded and fitted. Will be locating and finalising all the electrics in the next couple of weeks so any last minute tabs for cable ties etc can be welded into position. I am aiming to have no cable ties wrapped around the frame tubes.

Untitled by eastham_david, on Flickr

Please don't judge the welding, It's my first attempt :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ ::) ::) ::)

Just got back for Fastline Parts, Graham has just finished my levers and controls.

Complete strip down, aquablast, re-plate all fittings, including the electrical connectors etc.

They look superb

He has even blasted plated the inner connectors and switching units :) :) :) :) :) :)

They are like new, not bad for something that was 22 years old and tatty.

Well a good days work I think

Finalised the battery and wiring set-up
Bought the fibreglass kit
Wrapped the bike in cling film
Fibreglassed the seat , including the internal block of alloy for the rear attachment.
Manged to re-use the rear attachment bracket of the original seat to locate under the raised rear tank mount, it was a perfect fit :)
Then tapped the rear attachment and trimmed using a grinder. (still needs some final trimming)

Next is to trim the headlamp bracket and mount the rear tailight and make a bracket for the speedo.

Back
Top Bottom