An idiot bought my old bike

plagrone

Coast to Coast
I had a 1979 cb650 that was in near pristine condition two years ago...

Now it looks like this and this is the kids plan

afe65b1cc2a58a0e67cf57ab3caebb30.jpg

I've posted about this bike before but couldn't find the original thread.

5ba1b64cd36fe165f4862bc79330a666.jpg
147f850b6282332a4eed9ffec56fc213.jpg
a224377095f575016945e8969e155718.jpg

so he is hoping to get more for it in worse shape than when he bought it??

He should be beat for letting it sit and rot like that unprotected

Isn't this the dude that had the socket taped to the throttle as a brake stop so he couldn't lock the front wheel?

Maritime said:
Isn't this the dude that had the socket taped to the throttle as a brake stop so he couldn't lock the front wheel?

Ding ding ding! You are absolutely correct. I dunno what happened to the old thread, I tried to find it to add onto it.

Now he wants to "recast the carbs" so he can "redrill" the float bowls? Who knows

Haha if he didn't live directly across the street from the police station I would just go take pieces of the thing until he would sell it for $100. Just kidding, but It hurts to see it exposed like that, and I have to drive by it almost every day.

Everything he's done to this bike could have been avoided with a little research about 650s. He actually went to rebuild the brakes because they would occasionally squeal, he took the carbs off because he didn't know how to cold start a bike and he thought they were clogged, and he is replacing the rotor because he thinks it's not charging the battery.

I explained the brake squeal is a common thing with 650s, they are notoriously cold blooded (and the choke tension needed to be adjusted so you didn't have to hold it up for two minutes), and you have to REV THE BIKE for the battery to charge. If you ride a 650 like a pussy and short shift constantly you're never going to charge riding around the city

When you sell something, you gotta let it go, man - it'll kill you otherwise (like its apparently doing to you right now).
Think of it as an ex-girlfriend / ex-wife / or... ahem, ex-partner. Remember the good times, how nice it was and why you don't have it now...
Pat

Hahah you definitely have a point. I had to sell it in order to fix a bad transmission in my car, though... So I'm still salty.

Post tweets every day about "Things that remind me why my ex (bike) is my ex (bike)."

I don't know if this works, but considering the vast majority of females in America are rabidly typing out such self-approving motivational "you go girl" posts, it must be doing something.

Don't forget to mention the "haturz" and how much they don't matter every two hours on the hour.

Choose a song from the following options as you read.

Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Goodbye Earl - Dixie Chicks
Independent Women - Destiny's Child
Before he cheats - Carrie Underwood
You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette

Oh and the last one should appeal to the type of snivelling vermin that are into wool hats with moustaches attached and wear elf-shoes and think a completely democratic government has ever succeeded, in which case it's to remind this person that while their parents should have been as pro-choice as they are, it's never too late to do the world a favour.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418291030.890829.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418291030.890829.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 735
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418291040.006753.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418291040.006753.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 747
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418291049.166834.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418291049.166834.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 707
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418291058.738841.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418291058.738841.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 713
Red, that made me laugh. I can't stand women's empowerment/men are dogs kind of crap. "I am woman, hear me roar."

Yeah... no thanks.

plagrone said:
Ding ding ding! You are absolutely correct. I dunno what happened to the old thread, I tried to find it to add onto it.

Now he wants to "recast the carbs" so he can "redrill" the float bowls? Who knows

Haha if he didn't live directly across the street from the police station I would just go take pieces of the thing until he would sell it for $100. Just kidding, but It hurts to see it exposed like that, and I have to drive by it almost every day.
This is just awful.

Like any hot-blooded woman, I can be an asshole of the grandest kind, yet "sometimes" is never quite enough, eh? You treat me like I'm a princess, and I'm not used to liking that, but you oughta know I slave over a hawt laptop with poor cooling for hours and you say "hooooow appropriate" when all I really want is some justice. I don't want to be adored for what I merely represent to you while you revel in your psychosis. How dare you...

I have 12 Alanis Morissette songs in my library. Did anybody else even know she has that many songs?

Redliner said:
Like any hot-blooded woman, I can be an asshole of the grandest kind, yet "sometimes" is never quite enough, eh? You treat me like I'm a princess, and I'm not used to liking that, but you oughta know I slave over a hawt laptop with poor cooling for hours and you say "hooooow appropriate" when all I really want is some justice. I don't want to be adored for what I merely represent to you while you revel in your psychosis. How dare you...

I have 12 Alanis Morissette songs in my library. Did anybody else even know she has that many songs?

Bitch, please.

;) ;) ;) ;)

Back
Top Bottom