Looking to rent a couple bikes down in the states..

mralexburrows

Hey,

A buddy of mine and myself are looking to make a a trip down to the states from Toronto... We thought of Arizona but we are open to any good riding spots. We have bikes but are planning on flying down and renting two bikes for a week. Anyone know of a good spot to grab a few bikes for a fair price? We would love Triumphs but are really open to anything. Any ideas on locations/ routes or places that rent bikes would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Alex

Amazing, give me a bit of time. I got a buddy who takes a bike out to arizona bike week every year. This past year he rented a bike while he was out there and I do believe it was a triumph.

Great guys here https://jupitersmc.com
I would call them and see if they can help.
I know they do cross country rentals and deal with other rental places all over.
If nothing else they might be able to point you in the right direction.

My pa and I rented a couple Bonnevilles in Vegas and rode through Arizona in March. I remember it being a decent price, let me look at where we got them from.

~T

Turns out my buddy actually rented an Indian and will do it again this year. The place is in Scottsdale Arizona. He was very happy. You may give them a call and see if they can help from there.

Heres the Rental info...

Patrick Adams
Parts, Service, & Rentals
Indian & Victory of Scottsdale
8420 E. Butherus Dr. Suite 101
Scottsdale, Az 85260
Bus. 480-607-7070
Fax. 480-607-6970

Looks like the best rental place has been provided, watch out for some rental bikes; they get beat up out here. Just give it a thorough look over before riding. AZ has awesome riding once you get out of Phoenix but remember that it can get very very cold in the morning and evening anytime before April-ish (freeze your eyeballs and the other pair too). If you haven't been to Phoenix then ride up south mountain first thing, it's easy, short, twisty, and has the best view of the entire Phoenix valley without exception. Plus it will give you a nice feel for that rental bike. Also note that drivers down here speed like nascar and look out for others like Hellen Keller... Be vigilant in riding safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Right Gear said:
Looks like the best rental place has been provided, watch out for some rental bikes; they get beat up out here. Just give it a thorough look over before riding. AZ has awesome riding once you get out of Phoenix but remember that it can get very very cold in the morning and evening anytime before April-ish (freeze your eyeballs and the other pair too). If you haven't been to Phoenix then ride up south mountain first thing, it's easy, short, twisty, and has the best view of the entire Phoenix valley without exception. Plus it will give you a nice feel for that rental bike. Also note that drivers down here speed like nascar and look out for others like Hellen Keller... Be vigilant in riding safe!

Thanks! Will keep all that in mind. We were hoping to keep everything on the cheap.. Was thinking of tenting it most of the way. Are there many options for camping sites or are there placed to set up a tent out in the boonies?

There are some good campsites around, I don't recommend roadside camping due to both the wildlife and that border patrol/ sheriffs will probably find you and they are not too understanding. Also make sure to check for burn bans if you are thinking of having a fire. Maricopa.gov will have a lot of info. Also keep in mind that the later in the spring you come down the more riding you can do in the east and north part of the state, which honestly is the most beautiful. There is a back highway that goes from Tucson up over the Roosevelt dam through payson and up to Winslow. From there it's a short hop to flagstaff which is really awesome. Flag is a good place to stay and camp at the KOA. From there the Grand Canyon is 2 hours north, a long, straight, boring ride... Good news is that Sedona is about 40min south on the 87 which I used to drive down as much as possible because it is just a picture perfect road. Some of the tourism magazines have good rides listed as well.

Phoenix to Tortilla Flats is a decent and common ride. Some of the lakes around Phoenix are good, quick rides too. Prescott is a good area to camp if it's warm enough, and there are some nice rides up there along the Mogollan Rim. You could also check in on the old crank at the junkyard in Rye, visible from the highway. He had a huge fire there but still supposedly has a lot of stuff. Cantankerous dude, though. There's a decent VJMC presence there, and they might be doing something that week. One of the guys in the VJMC scene runs Eastside Performance Motorcycles. Expensive shop, but he's got a small but great collection of bikes there, sandcast CB750, some Z1s, and other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom