I know why I hate Hipsters

Rockers CT

Piss Off Gits
This is my last post.... but I figured it out.. I know why you all are bitching about the show...

This show is all about and for the Hipsters... Todays Hipsters are a New MOD.... and they are infiltrating the very core of the idea of Cafeness/ROCKERNESS/ or Ton Up Boyness.. they are buying and riding Caffs and calling the idea there own.. there new Modern classics...

FUCK THIS AND FUCK THEM...CRUSH THE HIPSTER IS MY NEW MANTRA..

Thats why I have been so agro twords the Caff scene lately.. Its becoming a Hispter/MOD onclave.. and Us True ROCKERS/ TON UP BOYS/ AND CAFE BUILDERS are being pushed to the side.. in the name of money and "coolness" - ( quotes added for effect)

the time for action is now... if you see a hipster let them know who we are

WE ARE ROCKERS, WE ARE TON UP BOYS, WE ARE CAFF BUILDERS.. We are not Hipsters nor do we wanna be sold out to hipsters... it all makes sense now.. The show was never for you or me.. it was created by producers and big corps for the new MODS.. the new hipster.. and they have sold out YOUR love and your bikes to them...

FUCK IT.. go underground.. keep it real and do it for yourself and your mates.....

CHEERS TO ALL MY ROCKER/ TONUP / CAFF BUILDING BROTHERS.. I am outta here till this place changes for the better...

hipstersticker.jpg

why did the hipster burn his mouth on the pizza...

...because he forgot to wait until it was COOL! Baaaaaaaaazzzing!

"Hipster" has not always been associated with conformist, privileged twenty-somethings who are trying to be cool. Norman Mailer wrote a very famous essay called "The White Negro" in which he explored what it meant to be a hipster. I'm not sure when this term became so pejorative. I believe thirty years ago it was privileged white men that looked at the term as pejorative primarily due to its counter-cultural resonance. This is my impression of the term's history, at least.

I just joined yesterday, do I need to change my name!!!? CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!? Growing up in England as a kid I called myself a Mod and a Rocker at various times, and had friends the same! Now, I just like Cafe Racers! I bought my CB550 about 5 years ago, and am only just getting the money to cafe it, although I have been restoring it over the years. I'm definetely no mechanic, but everything else on the bike other than the engine I've been able to figure out myself. I hope your post isn't against people who don't know engines? I thought this was a community. There's been many racers who couldn't change a spark plug!

I am scared that I am a hipster, but dont know exactly what it means. I am 18 and I am building a cafe because I love european styled things, i like that you can tune them and actually do something to them because ride it down the block and go to shows. I didnt start building a cafe because it was ''Cool''. When I started my bike the show soon followed and I am scared of the cafe racer scene getting to big, because then you can just go to the store and buy whatever you need. And people will have them and have no idea what its all about. Can someone clerify if I am a hipster or not, I thought I knew what it was but am a little confused.

Get the fuck out and take your black hair and straight-cut fringe with you.

Just kidding, really. We like to bitch and moan but we're a pretty accepting and hospitable group of guys and gals. At least when you compare us to what it usually found on the Internet...

1976cb356 said:
I am scared that I am a hipster, but dont know exactly what it means. I am 18 and I am building a cafe because I love european styled things, i like that you can tune them and actually do something to them because ride it down the block and go to shows. I didnt start building a cafe because it was ''Cool''. When I started my bike the show soon followed and I am scared of the cafe racer scene getting to big, because then you can just go to the store and buy whatever you need. And people will have them and have no idea what its all about. Can someone clerify if I am a hipster or not, I thought I knew what it was but am a little confused.

If you wear "jeggings", have oversized glasses (either in black or some obnoxious neon color), and have ever considered buying or building a "fixie", you're probably a hipster.

It doesn't matter- its just a label. Do what you like, not what you are expected to like.

And just curious: ABull, did you go to college for English? I think that's what I heard a long time ago.......

Sonreir said:
If you wear "jeggings", have oversized glasses (either in black or some obnoxious neon color), and have ever considered buying or building a "fixie", you're probably a hipster.
Well I have no f*%$ing clue what those are even are, so I think I am good.

Rockers CT said:
This is my last post.... but I figured it out.. I know why you all are bitching about the show...

This show is all about and for the Hipsters... Todays Hipsters are a New MOD.... and they are infiltrating the very core of the idea of Cafeness/ROCKERNESS/ or Ton Up Boyness.. they are buying and riding Caffs and calling the idea there own.. there new Modern classics...

FUCK THIS AND FUCK THEM...CRUSH THE HIPSTER IS MY NEW MANTRA..

Thats why I have been so agro twords the Caff scene lately.. Its becoming a Hispter/MOD onclave.. and Us True ROCKERS/ TON UP BOYS/ AND CAFE BUILDERS are being pushed to the side.. in the name of money and "coolness" - ( quotes added for effect)

the time for action is now... if you see a hipster let them know who we are

WE ARE ROCKERS, WE ARE TON UP BOYS, WE ARE CAFF BUILDERS.. We are not Hipsters nor do we wanna be sold out to hipsters... it all makes sense now.. The show was never for you or me.. it was created by producers and big corps for the new MODS.. the new hipster.. and they have sold out YOUR love and your bikes to them...

FUCK IT.. go underground.. keep it real and do it for yourself and your mates.....

CHEERS TO ALL MY ROCKER/ TONUP / CAFF BUILDING BROTHERS.. I am outta here till this place changes for the better...

Ummm.....really? Defining yourself by a movement(sic) that passed by the wayside what.....forty years ago...is kind of silly isn't it. Don't get me wrong, I love the bikes old AND new and everything it takes to build one. But....and I dunno about you mate but I don't grease my hair into a pompadour or hang out a truck layovers. I also don't live with my mom...

Are you really a 'Rocker' as it applies to Rockers vs. Mods? Please understand, this is in no way an attack on you or anything you dig, just a quest for clarification.

now....hipsters on the other hand are most worthy of disdain though really for someone with enough patience and the old morticians trick of rubbing Vick's Vaporub under the nose to hide the stink.....there must be a percentage of them that could be educated and rehabilitated. The mass destruction of anyone in skinny jeans and ironic facial hair may be a little over the top.
Or maybe that's just me.....

I did threaten to cram one guys(?) keds up his ass the other day......

66replica said:
What's a hipster ???

According to Wikipedia:
Hipster, as used in the 1940s, referred to aficionados of jazz, in particular bebop, which became popular in the early 1940s. The hipster adopted the lifestyle of the jazz musician, including some or all of the following: dress, slang, use of cannabis and other drugs, relaxed attitude, sarcastic humor, self-imposed poverty, and relaxed sexual codes.

I'm a little confused.. I love jazz.. and sarcasm.. and a lot of the other things talked about above... But these things in no way impair my abilities to love / build / ride / appreciate motorcycles.... (except for the cannabis part)

Hold on... What exactly is a hipster? and where are you seeing them?
If Cafe Racer TV is what you're referring too, I'm seeing more washed up old guys then young dudes on there, playing rock-a-billy.
Here in Arizona, if you have a cafe bike, you most likely had to build it yourself, there is no vintage shop here, yet...

So, I'm still yet to point at a guy on a bike and call him a hipster... I wouldn't know if he was or wasn't, I do know he's riding.
as far as I know, attributing a name to a group of people never goes well, haha, humanbeings complicate everything...

Big Rich said:
It doesn't matter- its just a label. Do what you like, not what you are expected to like.

+1. Can we get back to talking about motorcycles yet?

EXACTLY! I am planning on spending my Friday night in the garage working on mine!

vtwin650 said:

EXACTLY! I am planning on spending my Friday night in the garage working on mine!
I have seen your build thread, but dont remember where to find it, can you give me the URL? I got to learn how to make my short cut in my signature just say 76 CB360

Back
Top Bottom