Brembo 4 piston caliper with 11mm MC?!

dRUGdEALER

So, im having trouble bleeding the 11mm MC with stock caliper on an SR500 -1980.. it locks the wheel maybe halfway, but i can still turn the lever against the bar easy?! natural?
its from an ktm 450 exc -2003.

And also wondering if that 11mm MC is enough for the 4piston brembo i got laying around doing nothing?! :p

attached some pictures.

thanks for any help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 221
  • image[1].jpg
    image[1].jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 217
  • image[2].jpg
    image[2].jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 210
  • image[3].jpg
    image[3].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 214
and im using ss braided line, and a banjobolt from fleebay with brake switch, if that matters. could try it with the old banjo bolt since the "channels" in that banjo screw seems bigger. but, any ideas?

Alright, so ill go stock MC with the brembo caliper then. Im going to buy the parts from motolanna, or you know anyone else making these parts to fit an bremco caliper? and what rotor should i be looking for 320mm O.D, 64mm ID and 6 bolt 80mm pattern, what offset? 10mm?

/thanks

The 11mm MC is a common change to make both a single disk SR500 and XS650 have more powerful brakes. Many are using an 11mm master with the stock caliper as you have yours now. I suspect there is air in the system as air is difficult to remove and even a small amount shows up with the smaller, more powerful MC. The hydraulic brake light switch doesn't help as it must move at least a little bit to work.

Tom

So, anyone know what the new disc offset should be with the motolanna adapters for the brembo caliper? is it 10mm? can i go with a disk that has 9.5mm in offset or does it have to be an exact matching offset?

Back
Top Bottom