Best Rim Colors (besides black/matte black/gloss black)

red is always going to be the fastest but silver with thin red and white painted pinstripes looks pretty good too

edit: just reread the question, no black? probably polished alum, gold, or blue anodized i guess. Anodized looks great and will outlast any paint.

Black is my fav.

Anodized black is my favorite method.

2 stage base and clear, gloss is my second best.

Matte/ flat black is ok, but i prefer gloss, flat black reminds me of rattle can.

cosworth said:
Black bike, gold wheels.

this is indeed one of the greatest colour combos of all time, however don't ever fall for the suggestion that gold metalflake/candy over black paint will look even cooler.....you get brown. i wish i didn't know this but bitter experience allows me to share this knowledge in the hopes that no-one else will suffer the same fate

I must be old school; all of my alloy rims have been polished. The Sportster mags I've collected for my next tracker project are going to be bead blasted to get a dull natural aluminum colour and finish and then either clear anodized or satin clear powdercoated.
I had a set of black Yamaha mags mounted on one of my project bikes and took them back off...
Years ago, Dunlop made motorcycle rims and a couple of them came with a stripe of red paint down the center of the rim, which looked kind of cool.
But each to his / her own, I guess - if you can tie the rim colour / colours into the overall colour and theme of your ride, why not?
Pat

On my SR250, I used a medium silver color and polished the spoke edges and outer rim. I was trying to make the alloy wheels look reminiscent of spoke wheels.

2014-07-20-10.48.12-e1405868128594.jpg

Back
Top Bottom