Master cylinder with brake light switch

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the Ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
I know another possibly dumb question ol Hurco, but i couldnt find much of an answer searching other threads.. I was planning on doing a dual disc conversion on my CB550 due to the lack of factory stopping power. (I have found plenty of people who have done it, just takes a bit of work) After some research I found where some guys have had great luck with switching to upgraded Stainless brake lines that wont swell like the stock rubber ones, and a good set of aftermarket brake pads. Keeping the stock single rotor will keep unsprung front weight on the lower side by not adding the additional disc and caliper. If i still decide i want to convert to dual discs later on, I can run a jumper line over to the second caliper.

That said i was looking into this kit which comes with the stainless lines and all the fittings to do a complete conversion, and i dont think $65 is to outta line. ( http://4into1.com/stainless-steel-brake-line-kit-black-single-line-honda-cb450-cb550-cb750/ ) The question I have is that since it no longer uses the brake light switch mounted on the lower triple tree, what is the best option for a master cylinder that has a brake switch built in. Preferably something thats fairly affordable, available, and rebuildable. Really I'm not even worried about it having a round cap. It also says its for stock height bars, but I will probably be using superbike style bars which aren't a ton lower than stock. Any help would be appreciated before i pull the trigger on ordering this kit.
Thanks!

Or get a banjo bolt with built in brake switch....

http://www.amazon.com/Goodridge-Banjo-Built--Pressure-Switch/dp/B000GTV0RC/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1424146767&sr=1-1&keywords=banjo+bolt+brake+switch

41SyJ1mI4pL.jpg

Ordered the switch along with the s.s. brake lines. Thanks for your help, should be an easy mod!

Make sure you ordered a metric thread switch/banjo....They make both...

mydlyfkryzis said:
Make sure you ordered a metric thread switch/banjo....They make both...

Yep i got the M10-1.25 Thread, Thanks

Back
Top Bottom