Borrani rims?

stroker crazy

crazy as a fox
Has anyone got first hand knowledge of the quality of Borrani rims as currently manufactured.

Borrani seem to be the only manufacturer offering the 18" x 1.4 needed to replace the front steel rim on the 'Ace'.

There seems to be no distributor in Oz so I would have to buy them sight unseen from Italy.

Crazy

rumor has it that the new ones now are chinese made and stamep as borrani... i see this website http://www.borraniamericas.com/html/motorcycle.html
what are they charging for shipping to australia ?

Thanks for the link xb!

I have heard about the Chinese manufacture, but this doesn't automatically mean a poor product.

Shipping is likely to be expensive, whether from Italy or America, so I would like to be reasonably confident of a satisfactory product.

Crazy

Nothing wrong with the Chinese stuff, quality control can be a bit iffy but the 'customer' states exactly what they want .
If rim doesn't pass quality inspection for Borrani it may end up at Buchanan’s, if it doesn't meet their standards, it goes to Mikes XS
If Mikes think it's too distorted or machined badly (not much chance of that ;) ) it gets sold cheaper unbranded on eBay or Amazon

I'm the US rep for Borrani Motorcycle rims. Borrani Record 14 rims are a cost effective rim that are manufactured to Borrani's standards and stamped at the Borrani factory in Milano Italy.

Borrani Record 11 rims are 100% Italian made. These rims are made from 6081 alloy, the same as Borrani rims from the 60's.

Borrani Rinforzato rims are also in production. The Rinforzato's have a square dropped center and a high outer flange. These rims are best suited for flat trackers, street tracker, etc.

Back
Top Bottom