The Whack Shack (formerly known as The Aviary)

The Aviary?

I'll be down on the coast next weekend if you're in need of some uneducated opinions about your garage project. Or if you have too much beer on hand.

Re: The Aviary?

BCBarker said:
It's almost as fun as building a bike! I just poured the floor in my shop last week after saving up for 2 years. Mine is only 14'x22' but its all about how you use it... Right?

I'd kill for the extra 2' in both directions. I'm 12 x 20 measured on the exterior and it's TIGHT (but I have an XS650, TU250X, SR500, Vino 50cc and my MINI Cooper Clubman in there along with my tool chest and bicycles and shovels and rakes ;)). Those extra sq ft would be awseome!

Can only dream of something 2x the size given my property is only 17 feet wide and I have a 60 ft tall elm tree next to the garage.

Looks Great man, its funny title caught my eye, my wife actually grew up with a real aviary, her mom used to keep canaries and Finches and stuff.

I guess I got lucky, when we bought I found a house that I knew she would like and it had a 2 car 900sqft INSULATED garage. I walked in took one look and told her this was the house. I have 4 bikes, two cars, work area and still room to move around. ;D

Insert SHITTY cell pic here

20120908220111.jpg

Nothing like sitting around drinking beers, listening to tunes, and working on bikes.

bradj said:
Man o man you got a flat yard lucky sob haha
Yea, but y'all got the fun roads :p

andycafe said:
Are you going to spread some gravel about the area under what will be your raised floor to reduce damp dirt smells if it gets wet?
No. But there will be a moisture barrier that'll go down between the joists and the floor. And thanks for the link. I'll have to check them out.

frogman said:
Nothing like sitting around drinking beers, listening to tunes, and working on bikes.
I can't wait :D
And 900sqft?! YOU are the lucky bastard in this thread! ;)

Stucky, You're out this way this weekend?

This was waiting for me when I got home this evening...
IMAG0091.jpg

Tomorrow the yard gets up to grade. Hopefully by next weekend we'll be working on the dance floor (I know I'll be dancing on it :D)

And I forgot to post an official pic of the jobsite supervisor, Rusty...
IMAG0093.jpg

Must be Union, 'cause he doesn't do any work, spends most of the time sleeping, and halts production for quality control inspections often.
However, he is very enthusiastic when asked for support and opinions :D

Man I hope you have a tractor or can rent one. That pile hurts just looking at it!

lol
My brother sells Bobcats. He's suppose to be bringing a unit over tomorrow.
The last 12yds I got I had to move manually because 1) he was out of town that weekend, and 2) because even if he were in town, they didn't have any used units small enough to get in my yard. It wasn't too bad. I had it moved in just over a week (with both weekends).

The Aviary?

Redbird said:
Stucky, You're out this way this weekend?

My son is moving to Long Beach, Ms to work for my friend that was at Barber with me (he was riding that little yellow TS185 Suzuki). Im riding down with him and flying back Tuesday. I always try to get over to the city when i'm on the coast. Maybe I could buy ya a beer if you're not too busy.

Stucky, I'll be moving mud most of today. So, if you're going to be in the area, I think I might be ready for something this evening for sure :) If not, I'm sure I'll catch ya some other time.

Hoosier, I wish we had the Amish around here then! They do good work.
Our equivelent would be hiring illegals to do half of a crappy job and then not show up again ::)

Broke for lunch. But making progress...

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

Not too bad for roughly 4 hours work... manually... because the machine is a no-show ::)

Thats Kinda cool.... He called me "The Machine"
I'd be there to help if it wasn't for work!
Get Terry movin!!!

Looking good man. I'm still working 6 days a week otherwise I'd atleast give you a day. Do you think that you'll still finish on schedule? I'll probably be working 6 days a week until the end of November.

S Majure said:
Thats Kinda cool.... He called me "The Machine"

You're not a machine... you're a magnet... for broken motorcycles ::)

Clem, so far we're moving right along. Don't sweat the help, we got it covered right now ;)

don't let my avatar fool you bro. I'm not quite that ugly and if I come to help, I won't scare your neighbors.

lol
Just so we're on the same page... I don't look like my avatar either ;) :p

Why, is your stash of wives on the side gettin thin? :D

It's better that I don't look like that. I'd be too busy molesting myself to get anything else done!

I look just like mine. Well at least after a few beers

Back
Top Bottom