**Lets see the Leathers....**

My three contributions...two leather, one mesh (please forgive me) At least I'm excluding the Joe Rocket! (for sale btw...) Anyways, first off, the newest addition, the British Motorcycle Gear Montana. I had some qualms about dropping $400 on a jacket, but the quality speaks for itself. Thick, supple leather, Knox Armor, and a perfect Euro cut. Not to mention it looks damn good. Not quite black, but not quite brown. Really nice color in my opinion. Very impressed.

Second is a Vanson Logo Team I picked up last summer for $120 off their clearance rack. Nice jacket, but definitely not intended for riding. It rides up quite a bit the second you go for the controls. No armor either. I'm debating retrofitting D30 armor and having it tailored, because it really is a damn nice jacket. If you're ever in the Fall River area, definitely stop in at the Vanson factory.

Lastly is my summer jacket, a Dainese Air-Frame mesh. Nice jacket, perfect Euro cut, again, I'm a twig. Italian style, armor in the elbows and shoulders, and flows a ton of air. However, I'm beginning to have second thoughts on mesh in general and am probably going to be hunting for a perf leather to take over the summer duties. The Corazzo 5.0 Perforated caught my eye... however in the meantime, I'm pretty satisfied overall with the Dainese.

Just a Vanson Sport Rider MKII.
I bought a Langlitz Columbia new back in 1985. I wore it for ten years all over the world while in the service. Then out grew it and sold it back to langlitz for the same price I paid. $250.
I wish I still had it to give to my boys.

IMG_0707.jpg

I saw this vietnam era G1 at an antique store last month. I didn't buy it, but I thought it seemed really neat. I wonder if the paintings on it are legit, or added later by a copycat...
IMG_3387.jpg

I've been watching Schott prices on eBay all year, and when June rolled around I saw auctions ending WAY cheaper than they were in January, so I started bidding on them. I bought 3 vintage (two from the 1980's, one from the 1960's) Schott Perfectos this summer, for around $100-$150 each. I'm going to try to sell them on eBay at the beginning of December with Buy It Now prices around $300....
IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_1958-1.jpg

IMG_1971-1.jpg

Moral of the story: go buy your vintage jacket right now, while it's 105 degrees out...

AndrewDoesHair said:
I saw this vietnam era G1 at an antique store last month. I didn't buy it, but I thought it seemed really neat. I wonder if the paintings on it are legit, or added later by a copycat...
IMG_3387.jpg

Absolutely not legit. None of the kill markings or squadron logo make sense, style is way off and paint is too new.

DrJ said:
Absolutely not legit. None of the kill markings or squadron logo make sense, style is way off and paint is too new.

Add to that, the fact that it's a Vietnam era jacket, with the alleged kills coming from WWII (Rising Sun)

Just got this from my one uncle who used to ride back in the day, this is his jacket from the 70's. Forgive the crappy cell phone picture, in person it a really nice looking brown leather with a lot of cool wear marks in it from years of abuse.
30460d55-7edc-404d-b607-9c234c52df86.jpg

In anticipation of getting a motorcycle, I thrifted this Brooks leather last year. Added bonus: it cost $6.99. The jacket just might be older than I am.

Attachments

• jacket.jpg
    jacket.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 403
WestyXIII said:
In anticipation of getting a motorcycle, I thrifted this Brooks leather last year. Added bonus: it cost $6.99. The jacket just might be older than I am.
nice score!

Re: Re: **Lets see the Leathers....**

redi said:
'Held' jacket and one tonne pants for some spirited riding.
What jacket is that again?

Why are jackets so hard to find the one you want...? Hate this.

-sent from sea via corked bottle

Hi the jacket is made by Held the model is born 46

they are a German company I took a gamble and got it shipped to NZ without seeing it first, very happy. I thin k I got it from FCmoto

good luck it may be discontinued, google held born 46 and see what shows up

http://www.motardinn.com/motorcycle-equipment/held-born-46-grey/59650/p

What do you guys think about this hondaline jacket for $200?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-27-04-36-07.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-27-04-36-07.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 394
I'll give someone money if they can find a vintage jacket that looks like the above one cheaper.

Too expensive. I've had that jacket and it wasn't the best quality. $200 is WAY too much for it. Look for Brimaco - those are my jackets of choice. Schott of course is nice too among others.

VonYinzer said:
Shit. I don't even remember that pic being taken. I look like a bigger tool than usual.

Hope you didn't hold your breath for too long. Nice cheekbones hombre.

Hein gericke bomber a good jacket? $80

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-29-02-43-52.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-29-02-43-52.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 348
Back
Top Bottom