LED turn signal problem

dwmccudden

So I swapped my turn signal assemblies to LED units on my 75 CB550. It took me a while to find the cause of all of the flashing being the turn indicator, now disconnected. I also installed a Sparck flasher relay. I can't seem to get the turn signals to flash unless I put a larger load on corresponding turn signals circuit. And to make things more confusing to me, the turn signals will function if I move the kill switch to off. I don't really understand why that is since that's a different circuit. I bought the Sparck relay so I didn't have to install resistors, do I still need to anyways?

Not familiar with the Sparck flasher relay but I converted my KZ650 to LED signals using this relay.
http://www.cwswiring.com/Shop.html

If the lights don't flash, switch the wires around going in and out of the relay. That's what I had to do and it fixed the problem.

You could always PM Matt (Sonrier) on here: he is Sparck Moto. He'd likely have insight to your concern and be able to get you set up and working properly.

I reversed the polarity of the relay, and the blinkers only stayed on regardless of putting a larger load on the circuit and the position of the kill switch. I ordered a new harness for the bike. Hopefully that fixes it. It'll fix a few other issues not related though. I'm just not understanding why the kill switch has anything to do with the blinkers.

dwmccudden said:
I reversed the polarity of the relay, and the blinkers only stayed on regardless of putting a larger load on the circuit and the position of the kill switch. I ordered a new harness for the bike. Hopefully that fixes it. It'll fix a few other issues not related though. I'm just not understanding why the kill switch has anything to do with the blinkers.

Could be a faulty flasher relay. The relay should flash regardless of load. I've tested them on a single LED turn signal light and all the way up to a 65W high beam and it flashes when it's on the test bench. Send me an email at support@sparckmoto.com and I'll get you sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom