Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_3529.JPG
    IMG_3529.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 263
  • IMG_3530.JPG
    IMG_3530.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 269
Awesome. Put a cushion on the front so you can just drive down a row of people and take out all their legs.
The cushion is so you don't get sued, only yelled at.

Well, I made a very large wheel lead error putting in at almost 3X what it should be. If I do it at the edge of the tugs rear wheel, it should be 7 inches. I decided to move it to 3 inches for less scrubbing. I also welded some toe-in to the fix.

This also reversed the swinger, which I like better. And made for an inbound shock (also better).

I still need to fab up a forward and aft strut, but it’s mounted through the receiver. Thanks Curtis.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_3535.JPG
    IMG_3535.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3536.JPG
    IMG_3536.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 260
Standard wheel lead for a hack is 8-12 inches.

But the inbound shock and new swinger setup is definitely better, man.

JustinLonghorn said:
Standard wheel lead for a hack is 8-12 inches.
It depends on the size of the rear wheel, how you want weight distributions, and how much tire scrub you want. Standard location is at the leading edge of your tug's rear wheel. On a mini-bike with a 14" wheel, that is no more than 7". Race hacks run as much as 15".

Hopefully that last bit of fabrication before paint. I want a shock that can handle at least 200lbs in the hack. Luckily, I have a pair of cheap CB550 shocks that I have zero intention of running on a bike. Perfect.

77150-310519181208.jpeg

Somehow I missed Part 1 of this project. Now following with great interest.

This is my bro's XR80 from when we were kids. I think my mom and dad got it for him the summer of '82. I've been trying to motivate him to do something with it (see spark plug taped to grip) but he's 3000 miles away and has a lot going on. Although the bike sat for 30 years, the tank looks rust-free and I bet it could be ready to ride in an afternoon. So these are popular as pit bikes?

ALlmGj1.jpg

I'd also love to make a mini sidecar for my CT like the one you're building. But first things, first.

iatethepeach said:
Somehow I missed Part 1 of this project. Now following with great interest.

This is my bro's XR80 from when we were kids. So these are popular as pit bikes?

ALlmGj1.jpg
I love it. I think any of the small cc Hondas are popular pit bikes, and the twin shock ones have some special love. But, the 100s are more popular than the 80s. It's way easier to get aftermarket bits for the 100s, plus the lighter cranks and more horsies. I have a 100 engine that has a trashed bottom end, but a good crank and a good top end. One of these days, I will pillage it for the crank and top end and maybe bore the 80 engine case going in here for a 100 sleeve to convert it to a 100.

XR80 head left. XR100 head right.

I’ll be running the XR100 head.

b8a5cc705731ffdb823fcf2ac345cdba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of swage tube struts. I think I’ll have to make a couple clearance adjustments once the motor is in, but this is basically it for the hack.

5ad01552551d458b29707e715f3e61cb.jpg

a9bac2d8997af4303f22a9db2edae8fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool Eric.

Wow as always.

Looks like lots of room in the garage.

Rad, I see sooo many fun things I am going to miss by not being at Mid-O. Why did I said yes to the other event before I knew the dates dammit!

Back
Top Bottom