My cafe racer... ish....

Tintin said:
Nice score on the finned covers! You should paint them black and polish the fin edges like on your cylinders.

I agree.

Motor looks killer, would set it off.

hey... doesnt red paint fade into pink in the sun??!!.. LOL!!...

Just kidding!!.. Looks great man!!... Cant wait to see it tonight at Ryans new place...

Well... i had an Idea. Usually this is bad, but i REALLY like what i see.

I took the cafe as it stands, with the new seat I have and clubmans (like this):

DSCF0370.jpg

Then i decided to look at a flat seat, chopped rear fender, with drag bars, and dropped using the lowering blocks and droping the forks 2 inches... This is the photo shopped (ok... MS paint) version of it:

Brat3.jpg

What you all think... i like, i REALLY like

Looking good. One thing though, you'll need to trim that chainguard mount from the left side axle plate for the block to sit the same way as the right side. Those lowering blocks were made for the 750s since those swingarms had the straight across axle plates without the chainguard mount. I have a pair myself I haven't installed yet but let's see how yours turns out.

DrJ said:
Looking good. One thing though, you'll need to trim that chainguard mount from the left side axle plate for the block to sit the same way as the right side. Those lowering blocks were made for the 750s since those swingarms had the straight across axle plates without the chainguard mount. I have a pair myself I haven't installed yet but let's see how yours turns out.

I looked at it, and I'm thinking I"ll want to try a set of 11" or 12" shocks, to see how that looks/feels.

If you have a set I can try, that would be sweet.

I'll be honest, I'm a huge fan of the bike, but the seat has been the only thing that I thought didn't really flow with the bike. I think a flat seat would be a nice improvement.

Lookin' good, as always, I also second the comment on painting the finned covers black. 8)

Roustabout said:
Hey Druro

I like that headlight! Is that an aluminum bucket or did you paint it?

hehe... it's a junk yard special faded paint. It will end up black like the tank.

Aluminum bucket... hmmm i like this idea.

Back
Top Bottom