Norton Commando Project

gahi

Been Around the Block
Here it is stock, plans are to go all out with it.
Wisconsin004.jpg

So... I stripped it down, pulled all the wiring cus it was a mess of stuff I'm not going to need like rectifier, zenor diode, turn signals... just a bunch of wires all over. Put on a manx style tank and seat.
Norton001.jpg

Norton002.jpg

Here's a pic of me on it. Now I need to either make or buy some rear sets, and get ahold of some clubmans or clip-ons. If I go clip-ons, I'll have to figure out something to do with the top tree to get rid of the bar mounts. I'm really liking the way its coming together.
Norton.jpg

Nice looking bike gahi, should be a fun project. So what bars are on it now? Are they just the stock ones upside down? Don't look too bad, positioning looks good.

Ya, they're just the the one that were on the bike flipped around. Positionings not bad, so I can use them until I figure out what I want.

That's going to be a nice Norton when your done. Model that thing after a vintage Manx Racer(chopped fenders,external fork springs,etc) and you can't go wrong!

Check these out!
http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Bike%20Directories/Norton%20Bikes/Norton%20Index.htm

Back
Top Bottom