plexiglass pain in the ass old paper stuck

xb33bsa

Over 1,000 Posts
:( ok i looked online but thought i would ask hear i got some dumpster doave old 1/2'' thik by 6''x48'' clear pastchik' the over- paper is not coop erating as of now i have it both of them stacked/wrapped in shrink plastic and soaking in strong dawn/watyr solution ....any of you mofoes got a tried and true for this ? i have been thru this before years ago and i think i had a solution but that memory is back on another planet :-\
i know the adheasive is simple rubber cement...but ...can,t.....re..member....the solution ...to....the......problem........

sb5.png

Eucalyptus oil will remove just about any glue. No idea if it will affect the plastic though.

Yep, WD-40 is it. Spray and soak. Get a soft plastic scraper to git it off. If you have a piece of plexi to make into a scraper, then better.

+3 on the WD-40. Had that problem on some boat hatches I got at a salvage yard. Brand new still with that wretched paper protection on them - must have been 10 years old baking in the sun. Could not peel even the tiniest bit off!! (did manage to peel off the entire surface, but only the top half of the paper thickness making even more impossible! I suggest soaking it for as long as it takes to get off really easy. I expect you could submerge plexi or lexan for ever in WD with no harm to it, but I could see scratching the hell out of either with a scraper - even if the scraper is real soft, the plexi scratches so easy anything that gets into the scraping action will be trouble. Pretty sure that paper would scratch if you scrape it back and forth much. I think once the WD soaks completely through the paper and dissolves the glue it will come off easy, but it could take a while to really soak through - some of that protective paper is bad ass. I have stretched a towel over things like this and soaked the towel so it stays wet. That said, man I think I would absolutely have to at least try the peanut butter! I have seen stranger!

i just had a feller fom nere me hear say the steam works the duck's cunt..he worked at a CAT outlet years qago back when they were using real steam cleaners..i did soak mine for hours wrapped up in packing plant satan wrap kinda like saran wrap but i nuy the end rols and at 24'' and 2000yds of glad on that roll it is the devil to coordinate it...when it was wet i even tried blasing 140lbs of awesome xb rube goldstein cobbled together air,compressed..that almost seam to want to work and now i am convinced that hydraulic pressure as in a real good pessure warsher that sprays hi persure with a mild fan not cheap as one ..ANYWAY i ended up gowering the fuck out of it cause i was down to using a boc cutter blade..but that wasnt until i got one side of each pretty much looking ok SO what the 6" wide plexi is doing is getting my hand made wooden bench that my father who desined parts for tanks during the veet cong war era. any way he had 1/2 plywood and i thought it would be cool to use the plexi( i have my shock rebuilding bench covered in black 1/2" delrin sheat...
so i painted the under side of the plexi red at one end and yeller at the other and for a super acid trippy effect i have some photons of light (from a single flooressence tube shingin' up from uder neath it is fucking brilliant ill post some pics :)

Brown acid wouldn't affect you as much as reading that post...ouch

It's a mix between Spanglish and Ebonics, but still much easier to comprehend than the average news broadcast.

Brodie said:
Eucalyptus oil will remove just about any glue. No idea if it will affect the plastic though.

yeah, but it's a bugger squeezing it out of the koalas, fun though

Back
Top Bottom