91' nighthawk brat/cafe never seen this before

The bike looks cool as hell! There is a bit of a point that someone had though about the dirt getting kicked up from the tire and getting sucked into those carbs, just sayin' the fine dust will kill the motor sooner than later without adequate air filtration.

one more

Attachments

• Photo 9-11-13 16 41 17.jpg
    Photo 9-11-13 16 41 17.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 554
mrwolf said:

Ok, I've been looking at this bike a lot. From the factory, I think they are about the most mundane bike on the planet. If given one I'd sell it. Then this bike comes along.... You did a real nice job. I would put fenders on, I like fenders done right and it helps keep all that hard work from getting the crap beat out of it. No fenders is going to sand blast the front of the engine and the rear wheel will give a continuous cloud of dust straight to those stacks. Very neat looking bike, down the road when I get the balls to finally build a bike, this might be my template. Mine will have fenders, a memory foam seat and tank emblems, this is just my preference, not a knock on your build. Again, Damn neat bike you built there...

what a great looking bike she came out perfect i dig it heaps. the seat came out great and works well as a whole package very aesthetically pleasing mate well done.

hey thanks for all the feedback guys, really appreciate it. The bike is not complete yet, still getting a few bits and pieces together. I will not be running a front fender, just a brace to stiffen up the front end (the original fender was plastic, so that offered no structural rigidity anyways).

My friend Geoff who has been doing all the fabrication on this build actually made a rear fender for the bike, but once i put the shorter shocks on and got the fender painted up it just didn't look right. The rear fender didn't reach all the way across the tire anyways, it just stuck out past the rear of the seat. I'm going to mount a plastic sheet on the dual downtubes just above the rear tire to keep shit from flying up towards the carbs. I have done this on other bikes, it looks cool and gets the job done. A rear fender is still on the list, just need to get it looking right.

Again, I appreciate all the comments and positive feedback.

OGsmakdade said:
love the look, how does she ride?

thanks! she rides great. in terms of the actual handling much better than stock. new rear shocks and rebuilt front forks made a big difference. in terms of geometry its very similar to stock as the new rear shocks are only .5 inch shorter than original. the front was lowered accordingly with some nice new rubber all around.

glad to hear the handling is improved, and that you're enjoying the bike. Keep doing what you do, this is good stuff here.

Back
Top Bottom