The Ballistic Cruze Mule...da Bob

Soooo, looking in the shed yesterday and I have a complete GT750 front end. 35mm forks so I'll have to swap the trees with em. But its a spoker with double disks ( already drilled ) I have polished 35mm aluminum headlight brackets, new 7" H4 chrome headlight, and 35mm Clipons for this setup as well. Its gonna find a new home on the BCM.

I have a KZ750 rear disk hub kickin around as well, lace up a new 3.5" wide 16" rim to it to run my WW. Need a WW 19"er to go on it as well, but I can only find 16's or 21's....the hunt continues.

Need a pair of Supertrapp brushed stainless 10" external disk, universal mufflers for it as well. Anyone see them on Ebay by chance...I've been lookin but no luck yet, may just bite the bullet and order em right from Supertrapp.

Thanks to Adam, Mike and Craig, for comin over Friday night to help drink Beer and eat Pizza....we even got some done on the bike LOL.

Ahhhhh think I just scored a USD front end and rearsets for this project ;D Still hunting for Excels and a set of Supertrapps.

So, I got the rearsets, shipping them to me so they wont be here till next week sometime.

629578d_20.jpg

Picking up my front end Saturday mornning, 01 CBR929 front end complete.

7592lgb_20.jpg

Glad you are back at this one. I think you are taking her in a good direction. I love it when guys let it flow and cross the lines. That front end is sexy and should add a little beef up front. Keep at it!

I have the 76 KZ750 as well, and its fork assembly is a direct swap to this 84, already setup with double drilled KZ1000 disks etc. With these forks and the 19" spoke wheel it would keep more of a Bobber look.....with the 929 setup its getting to be a little bit more Fighter and less Bobber :-\

I have lots of options, leave the stock front or swap to the double disk GT750 front, or the double disk KZ750B1 front, or the 929 USD's.

If I go with the 929 forks, I'll swap the GS450 tank onto it and go with a Fighter style build...at this point, this build is way out there on the edge of I dont know what the fuck I'm building LMAO. Once I have the front home and throw it on with the GS tank I'll decide which way to go. Decisions Arggggh.

I think it will look good no matter. You have a great start, and I love how you are thinking outside the box. It may take a little more work to get everything dialed in but thats part of the cost of being creative. You have several cool options and all will look great. I will probably catch shit for saying this but I think it is ok to put clipons and rear sets on a bobber too. Build it how you want, call it what you want and if someone doesn't like it, fuck em. Just my .02

Hell of a day, good trip with great company ( My Cousin John and his son Sam came along with me and my oldest boy Joseph ). Got there early and checked out the front end, has a few scrapes and dings but overall its nice, so I offered the fellow $50 less than he was asking and he accepted, so that was great...then as we were heading out the door he said just wait a minute, then ran back and grabbed a brand new set of EBC brake pads for me ( $100 ) so I'm quite happy to say the least.

Had some McD's for lunch ( Kids Idea, not mine LOL ) Then we dropped into Royal Distributing on the way home, and I pick up a new lid too. Red Tag sale, so I got a $320 helmet for $159, and I must say its one of the best fitting helmets I have ever bought 8)

Got home at 6:45 , wife was dressed up....she say's Mason ( my youngest son ) is watching a movie upstairs.....slaps me on the ass, then bolts out the door yelling " Dont wait up, Girls night out "...Door slams. No Hi, or Bye...just a slap on the ass....the nerve, thats all I am to her....A piece of meat.... ;D

Checked the tracking # and my Rearsets are out for delivery so they will be here today....wooohooo, wifey gave me a pass for tonight and tomorrow as well to work on the bike. Gonna try to actually accomplish something too. ;D Listenin to Alice In Chains and its gettin me motivated 8)
Better get some beer, think I'm gonna need it.

Mainly drank beer and shot the shit, but we did get a bit more done on the exhaust and stuck the rearsets on there to see about mounting them. Not able to use the 929 front as it will lower the bike way too much, I'd have to run a 21" front wheel to gain the hight back, but the wheel would look too close to the frame that way so piss on it. Parts for the next project ;D

exhaustbcm004.jpg

man that suspension is awesome!

I say forget about building a bobber or cafe or whatever and just keep doing what you're doing. call it a 357.5er. you're really doing something I haven't seen before, keep it up and you could create your own category.

do you mind if I ask, were the softail shocks spendy?

LOL, the " Hienz (3)57(.5er) "

You can find the shocks on ebay for around $100-150 I think, but I got mine from MID-USA, friend of mine has a shop and he did me a favour and I got them for cost.

So, Moday I wondered over to Garth's place with the tripples off the KZ and the CBR. Quick brainstorm and he pressed out the stem, set it up in his lathe and welded it up...then machined the stem to accept the 30mm ID KZ upper bearing and rethreded it for the adjusting colar. Bada Bing. Today I assembled the frontend and threw it on the BCM. Not too bad....

Now I need to figure out if I want to swap a 3 spoke sportbike wheel onto the back of it, or if I should run a spoked front ?

CBR929swap020.jpg

Hey guy's, I'm now looking at different options for a headlight, the C2SS headlight looks way too small now. The USD forks make it look out of place.

So, I have a new 7" chrome headlight I may use ( was for the T500 project ), or thinking of a fighter style dual setup ( Triumph Speed Tripple style ) need some input.

Ditched the Duo-Lamp sidemount tail, bought a DRC Edge2 LED tail as this bike is leaning more towards a fighter these days...bought a set of DRC diamond shape LED signals as well. We'll be doing some on the bike tomorrow night...the ritual beer/pizza and a bit of tinkering on the bike. Hope to have the exhaust finished upto the collector, and cut down the Kerker pipe by the end of the night ( solely dependent on extent of anebriation LOL )

Ya know...I think if you ditched that giant red fender and swapped back to your OEM front wheel you'd be dialed. The USDs with old school wheels make me smile! As well, you could run that cool little head light still too...

You may be onto something Swagger...never crossed my mind to do it that way. Original front wheel is only a single disc wheel, and unlike the older Kawi wheels there is no way to add a second disc. Maybe I'll check with a few local guy's to see if I can find a Kawi front off a Z1R, or a Z650-750-1000.
The CBR front fender has been ditched already, looking at aluminum fenders from RockCityCafe's.

Too cool man.

Honestly, any way you look at it you're gonna need to get a new axle and spacers to make the spokes work, which isn't a big deal at all....anything dual disk would work really....goldwing wheels are cheap. I see them all of the time on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/76-Honda-GL1000-GL-1000-Goldwing-D-I-D-Front-Wheel-Rim_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a58873af0QQitemZ250593360624QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1857wt_862

And it can be had in 19" which would really suit this bike IMO. I love the Bob/sport hybrid thing you have going on. Great work dude!

Back
Top Bottom