Local Resto Resources

cafetbird

Bound for the Playground....
Hey, I thought it would be good to have a thread on here for local resources to get work done. Support your local artist and economy, you know! ;)

Paint, fabrication, plating, upholstery, parts, repairs..... it should all be fair game to post up here. I think we should let folks post up their local business too, if they have one. Let's be cool, though, and not make this a bashing session.

It would be expeocially good for those of us like me who are just coming into (or returning) to the area! For instance, I am in need of some local plating work for fenders on the Tiger. Who is good for that in the Triangle?

cafetbird said:
Hey, I thought it would be good to have a thread on here for local resources to get work done. Support your local artist and economy, you know! ;)

Paint, fabrication, plating, upholstery, parts, repairs..... it should all be fair game to post up here. I think we should let folks post up their local business too, if they have one. Let's be cool, though, and not make this a bashing session.

It would be expeocially good for those of us like me who are just coming into (or returning) to the area! For instance, I am in need of some local plating work for fenders on the Tiger. Who is good for that in the Triangle?

Shop: Combustion Cycles in Durham NC is by far far my favorite little shop that could.

Paint: Don Roe in Winston Salem, specializes in motorcycle paint.

Gear: Cycle Gear

Powdercoating: Carolina Custom Powdercoat, Cary NC

Plating: Nothing good to say about the local shops so I won't say anything at all. I ship mine to Bubba Moon in TN.

Machining: Bill's Speed Shop

Cool - yep, that is what I am talking about. Funny that no one does decent plating around these parts....

I'll uise the same format used above.

Shop: Yes indeed, Combustion Cycles is your best bet for any size jobs. Jason and Dave are great guys and they can do just about any work or make you any custom brake line you need the same day if they are not too busy.

Upholstery:Auto Interior & Tops, Inc. they are in Raleigh across the street from Naper Tandy's. Their prices arent the best, but they sure do good work and also any custom upholstery or seat pattern you can think of.

Podercoat: Top Coat in Raleigh Off hwy 70. They do great work in my opinion and are willing to work with you with price on anything that you may have. t\They even ask you if you want to look at your frame after it's been sandblasted so you can check your frame for stress cracks etc.

OK, not local, so a little off topic, but I'll be going to Dime City Cycles in Largo next week. Contact me if I can pick up anything, and save you the shipping...

I second Carolina Custom Powdercoating in Cary... Great shop...

For welding/fabrication outside of what you are comfortable doing in your garage I have found Toxic Customs in Raleigh to be a good shop.

Seeing some good feedback about these guys - anyone use them?

Chrome - Rite Plating Inc 514 S Eastern Blvd
Fayetteville, NC 28301
(910) 323-2295

Doug Heilman, owned local Ural and Royal Enfield dealership in Raleigh, currently retired. Still has all the tools, lifts, and equipment to fix most anything, and knows his stuff. He is willing to take on some hourly work. Contact me for more details if interested. He is working out of his house, located off Leesville Rd just outside Wake Co.

Back
Top Bottom