1973 CB500 Four Question

Matt_H

I've been having some trouble getting my clutch adjusted. I've had to readjust it after every 30 miles of riding. I have a new cable on the way, which will hopefully solve that problem. Now on to the question! On the left side cover where the shift lever is, should there be a bolt in the hole beside the clutch actuator? I removed the cover and I can't find anywhere a bolt could thread into.

Now that the bike is operational, I'd like to meet up with some of you guys in the near future! This is the first CB500 that I've driven and it feels very slow to me. I'm not sure if I screwed something up rebuilding the carbs. I would love for someone who's familiar with the CB500 to take it for a test drive!

Thanks,

Matt

PS. Get used to adjusting your clutch. The 500 clutches/trannies are notorius for being "finicky". There are upgraded clutch plates and heavy duty springs available. They make a world of a difference. I can PM you the part numbers when I get home from work.

Thanks for the help Reinhard. What does the bolt thread into? I'm wondering if I'm missing a part...

http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2559637&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=1973&fveh=132831

Here's the info I spoke of earlier. If your motor numbers cb500E-1018728 or ABOVE you already have the upgraded clutch. If not, here are the upgrade parts: springs:vesra sk102. Clutch discs: Barnett 2012-108. You can reuse the plates but clean en real good. It doesn't hurt to mic them either. All the parts I mentioned are available from parts unlimited

Thankfully my engine number is above that. I just took it back apart and somehow, I'm missing the piece the bolt is supposed to thread into. This is the Honda part number, 22844-323-000. It looks like there's a few available on eBay for about $20. Thanks again for the help.

Are any of you guys going to be at the Bull City Rumble? If I can find my missing part, my buddy and I will be riding out there.

Yeah, we are always at BCR. Usually have a tent space set up.

Matt_H said:
Are any of you guys going to be at the Bull City Rumble? If I can find my missing part, my buddy and I will be riding out there.

Back
Top Bottom