Getting CB350 Street Legal

natebiehl

Hi all, real noob here, and I'm itching to get my bike street legal so I can start figuring out what I want to do next. In Montana, working headlights are required in the day. My 71 CB350 came with a smashed headlight assembly, so I need to replace it.

Just wondering what my options are. So far on Craigslist, all I can find that's even close is and XL175 bucket, and I do believe those are a 6 volt bike, so I don't think that will work.

Though I'd like to be a fabrication guy in the future, I don't have those skills right now, so an option that bolts up to the stock ears with relatively little modification is probably my best bet.

Is there a generic headlight option I can buy at my local bike shop? (I browsed at the big Harley shop here in town yesterday, saw nothing but overpriced leather and attractive sales people. The Honda shop was not open on Sunday.) Are there headlight options from other 70s bikes that are an easy adaptation to the stock ears?

If I got the ebay route, what's a good price to pay for a full assembly? At what point am I getting ripped off?

Thanks for helping a greenhorn out.

Check out ebay, or Dime city cycles for a new one.
I think the last one I bought on ebay was an H4 7" with bulb etc for about 60 bucks?

I got an original plastic bucket today with a lamp. (I think it's part HM-16?) Paid $50 for it. Wired it up and the high beam worked, so I rode the bike to work.

Then it rained like hell, and I rode home in that.

Think I'm going to take it out for a long jaunt this weekend to see how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom