PROJECT "JuNK" - 1972 Honda CB750 Cafe/Hoolign - Last updated 5/18/07

ProTeal55

Check out Half Fast Chicago. Com
yO,

Now that my CB/CL450 is pretty much completed, I thought I would take some time and do a mini thread on it's big brother, the CB750... If anyone wants to see the ENTIRE build you can see it at --->
http://www.sohc4.us/forums/index.php?topic=9212.0
So - Here's what I started with. A pretty much bone stock (kinda) 1972 Honda CB750k2..
O+L+D.jpg

At first I did the normal things like strip all the stock crap offa it, ditch the fenders and so on..
Then I sourced a 21'' front wheel and added dual disc brakes. Next came a 16'' rear wheel with a 130mm rear tire.
Other things like various tank finishes, a MAC 4 into 1, clip-on's and so on have been added here and their to make the bike a unique CB750.
CB3.jpg

16.jpg

Spring3.jpg

Spring1-1.jpg

I am in the midst of doing alittle spring cleaning on the bike, and will keep this thread updated to show my progress...

Re: PROJECT "JuNK" - 1972 Honda CB750 Cafe/Hoolign - Last updated 5/5/07

* PROJECT "JuNK" UPDATE 5/5/07 *

Had some time today to myself, so I figured I would rip into the ol' CB750 and do the changes I have been wanting to do all winter. The CB450 is down at the post office awaiting me to clean back up the wiring and so on, so I figured the CB750 deserved some attention...

1. The line-X tank has been sold, and the new tank is about to go on. After much debate, and dealing with bondo (i HATE that stuff), I am going to run the factory emblems on this tank. It allready says "HONDA" on the back of my seat so why not have it say it on the sides of my tank ? ;D Going with a semi-gloss rattle can job this time around. New sidecovers are on the way as well which will get painted when I receive them (my old one's are shot). I am also gonna go over the whole bike cleaning things up and what not to make it alittle nicer than it currently is (it's the small things)..

2. Smooth top triple tree is done, painted, and awaiting to go on the bike. I wanna give the ceramic paint I used a few days to dry before I go and mess it up. I also cleaned up allot of the wiring in the headlite bucket, and moved my Neutral lite to a small LED I flush mounted in the bucket. So basically my front-end is gonna look like my CB450's (nice and clean)...

3. I had a moment of clarity in my garage today and took the sawzall to my MAC 4 into 1's cannon. I have HATED that thing since I pulled it outta the box the first day I bought it. So for now I am running the extension piece (as u can see below). I need to get the bike finished and out in the sun to see if I like how it looks (not really sure). I think I might have my chassis shop buddy make me a 90 bend outta 4'' oval pipe and kinda go with a "nascar" type exit under the bike or something along those lines. We shall see. I am curious to hear how it sounds now without the cannon...

More updates to come as paint dries and the bike gets re-assembled...

Re: PROJECT "JuNK" - 1972 Honda CB750 Cafe/Hoolign - Last updated 5/5/07

Here are the most recent pics of the bike with it's new gloss black tank, new sidecovers, cut down MAC 4 into 1, Smooth top triple tree, etc...
2007-1.jpg

2007-2.jpg

2007-4.jpg

2007-3.jpg

Very nice, Proteal!! I have cb750 76 that Im going to take apart in the winter, your bike is giving me inspiration , Raul from
floral park N.Y.C..
ProTeal55 said:
yO,

Now that my CB/CL450 is pretty much completed, I thought I would take some time and do a mini thread on it's big brother, the CB750... If anyone wants to see the ENTIRE build you can see it at --->
http://www.sohc4.us/forums/index.php?topic=9212.0
So - Here's what I started with. A pretty much bone stock (kinda) 1972 Honda CB750k2..
O+L+D.jpg

At first I did the normal things like strip all the stock crap offa it, ditch the fenders and so on..
Then I sourced a 21'' front wheel and added dual disc brakes. Next came a 16'' rear wheel with a 130mm rear tire.
Other things like various tank finishes, a MAC 4 into 1, clip-on's and so on have been added here and their to make the bike a unique CB750.
CB3.jpg

16.jpg

Spring3.jpg

Spring1-1.jpg

I am in the midst of doing alittle spring cleaning on the bike, and will keep this thread updated to show my progress...

g-style said:
I liked the bedliner look. :'(

.....G.....
The Line-X'ed tank was cool, but it became too much of a focal point on the bike. As people just looked a the tank and nothing else on the bike. The Gloss black paint is much better, as it is a good contrast to the other brushed alum. parts...

Back
Top Bottom