Looking for an approximation on value on an old BMW

J-Rod10

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Frame numbers read to be a R50/2. Engine numbers show R60/2. Both early 60's. Body work is in great shape. No dents, dings, etc. I picked it up from an old woman whose husband owned it. He tore the cylinders off to rebuild the top end (side end?). Had a heart attack and died. I have the cylinders, a lot of parts, original seat, etc. It was kept indoors, in a garage anyways. I don't have time to mess with it. It'seems taking up room, and I'm thinking about getting rid of it.

Any idea what it's worth?

20160819_090928_zpsrn9afkao.jpg

redwillissuperman said:
A buck a CC.
Not on these. I have a sitting offer of $3K. Not sure what they're actually worth. But, I have never come across one anywhere at $1/CC.

id p.m. kanticoy (?spelling). he seems to know his beemers

hurco550 said:
id p.m. kanticoy (?spelling). he seems to know his beemers
Appreciate it, Hurco. I knew there was someone on here, couldn't remember who it was.

My unrestored 1960 R60 is in the $3k ballpark.
Really clean examples are in the $5-6k range.
Immaculate examples max out around $10k unless it's an R69.

Any part you want still available from Germany, but NOT CHEAP...

Bozz said:
My unrestored 1960 R60 is in the $3k ballpark.
Really clean examples are in the $5-6k range.
Immaculate examples max out around $10k unless it's an R69.

Any part you want still available from Germany, but NOT CHEAP...
There's a company out of Atlanta selling every single piece of the bike, NOS. I'd have to find their catalog to remember their name.

Blue Moon, Bob's and Vetch are in the US.
The guy in Germany bought all the old molds and tooling from BMW and continues to produce parts.
I'm blanking on his name right this second, but he's the 500lb gorilla in the game.

My R60 has been in my family for over 40 years and isn't leaving any time soon.

Some day I'll have the cash to restore it, but probably not while my kids are in the house...

Back
Top Bottom