The Legacy - Something a little different...

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
So, back in '84 my great uncle Andrew bought this Honda ATC200s brand new. A few years later my uncle Jimmy bought it from him. It got beat up by him and his friends for a bit then parked in my grandparents barn here in PA around '89.

That's when I got ahold of it. My grandfather told nine year old me that I could ride it any time I wanted but I had to get it running first, then KEEP it running.

Took me a solid month (with help ;) ) to get it straight and for the next few summers I beat the ever living hell out of it on their 60 acre spread, nearly killing myself multiple times in the process.

A few years later, after realizing how much fun (and slightly less deadly) chasing girls was I parked it in the barn for the last time and forgot all about it.

Well, about ten years ago my Aunt Robin pulled it out and started cleaning it up. That brings us up to about a month or two ago.

My aunt and uncle had stopped by the house for a few beers around the fire pit and the ATC came up in conversation. They still had it but it was pretty rough and needed gone over.

I agreed to get it running when I had time and a few days later they dropped it off in the garage while I was out of town for work.

Now that I've (finally) started getting the garage straight, I can start cleaning this up and get it in the mud again.

And now the money shots...

Attachments

• 20170423_192411.jpg
    20170423_192411.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 290
Carb kit just arrived... Which is good seeing as this is how the carb was delivered lol...

Attachments

• 20170423_192503.jpg
    20170423_192503.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 282
I'm in. Atc's are awesome! My dad's only broken bones to date were a result of a 3 wheeler and a fence post. Rad

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Right on man. I love to hear the back story on bike builds and yours is classic cool. I'm onboard.

I'll never forget when I was about 7 years old and my dad sold my dirtbike and bought me an atc 70. I cried that day. A 200s was good in the swamp, it would take quite a bit of mud to stop it. Get the rear rack and you could fit a sack of crawfish on each side of you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

Scars on my hands from a barbed wire fence are a constant reminder of how much I love 3 wheelers.

Righteous.

clem said:
I'll never forget when I was about 7 years old and my dad sold my dirtbike and bought me an atc 70. I cried that day. A 200s was good in the swamp, it would take quite a bit of mud to stop it. Get the rear rack and you could fit a sack of crawfish on each side of you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

I buried (sunk) it in the pond up to the airbox a few times... Kept running but needed the old jeep to drag it (and me) out lol.

I really do want to weld up a cool rack for the back of it.

Green199 said:
Damn I want one of these.

Just a general rebuild and cleanup?

That's the plan. Just a cleaning and tune up so the speak. But, we all know how these things go.

Back
Top Bottom