Post a pic of your latest purchase

canyoncarver said:
Picked up this pair yesterday on a whim. 89' and 90' Suzuki GSXF600's. I've got plastics, tanks, seats, etc with them too. One was a track bike the other supposedly only has about 5200 miles on the clocks. They've sat awhile under a tarp but are in good shape otherwise. No title but hey I grabbed both for a total of 140$ A couple of stoners needed weed money. Most likely at least one bike will be stripped for parts, the other ...who knows..
Man your giving that van a workout! Do they have a good bit of usable parts for one of your projects?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

1981 Yamaha DT175... 2 stroke baby!
MHmQFURl.jpg

clem said:
Man your giving that van a workout! Do they have a good bit of usable parts for one of your projects?

Yeah, plenty of good parts on them. Front ends, brakes, nice mono rears too. The van earns it's keep.

canyoncarver said:
Picked up this pair yesterday on a whim. 89' and 90' Suzuki GSXF600's. I've got plastics, tanks, seats, etc with them too. One was a track bike the other supposedly only has about 5200 miles on the clocks. They've sat awhile under a tarp but are in good shape otherwise. No title but hey I grabbed both for a total of 140$ A couple of stoners needed weed money. Most likely at least one bike will be stripped for parts, the other ...who knows..
Wooooooot Katana for the win! Are either anywhere close to running?

canyoncarver said:
Most likely at least one bike will be stripped for parts

I just parted an '89 Katana with a stuck motor... the carbs went for $250 on ebay, the tank went for $130 shipped. Still have a bunch of stuff, I hate parting a bike... it's a true pain.

MitchellSK said:
I just parted an '89 Katana with a stuck motor... the carbs went for $250 on ebay, the tank went for $130 shipped. Still have a bunch of stuff, I hate parting a bike... it's a true pain.
A true pain but good to know the parts are selling.

Fleabay score Tapmatic floating tap head. $130. Brand new still in the box.

Was about to buy a new one at nearly a grand. Found this one on eBay just before.

20161108_083546_zps5pasl5j2.jpg

J-Rod10 said:
Fleabay score Tapmatic floating tap head. $130. Brand new still in the box.

Was about to buy a new one at nearly a grand. Found this one on eBay just before.

20161108_083546_zps5pasl5j2.jpg

Nice buy there man! I take it your machine doesn't have rigid tapping capabilities?

Nope, the ole Mori does not. I like this thing anyhow, I can spin her 1,000 RPM, and run it in and out quick.

CALfeRacer said:
Wooooooot Katana for the win! Are either anywhere close to running?

Not sure. One of them might be. I've got them on the back burner for now though. It would be nice to get one running and flip it.

We have a customer at our place that has a garage full of bikes and parts he is finally ready to 'get rid of'. Some were complete and some were in pieces. They're all small/medium displacement 2 strokes!! 8)

My guys went over with the truck... just in case.

100 bucks takes it all. :D

No titles for any of these. ::)

The top one is a 250 Yamaha. I haven't checked the year or model number, but I believe its a pre-RD unit. Looks to be complete and reasonably easy to restore to running condition. We'll see. ;)

The second one is a Suzuki single, model unknown. It's needs are unknown but looks pretty complete. :)

The third I think is a Suzuki PW something... It needs a carb and bar risers for sure. :)

The fourth is a Suzuki RM125. The engine is still over at this guys place. He says it's all there though. It doesn't look to beat for an off road machine. :)

They only had room on the truck for what you see. They're going back for the rest soon. Apparently there's the RM125 engine and tons of other bits and pieces of bikes, all useable stuff. 8)

Drewski said:
We have a customer at our place that has a garage full of bikes and parts he is finally ready to 'get rid of'. Some were complete and some were in pieces. They're all small/medium displacement 2 strokes!! 8)

My guys went over with the truck... just in case.

100 bucks takes it all. :D

No titles for any of these. ::)

The top one is a 250 Yamaha. I haven't checked the year or model number, but I believe its a pre-RD unit. Looks to be complete and reasonably easy to restore to running condition. We'll see. ;)

The second one is a Suzuki single, model unknown. It's needs are unknown but looks pretty complete. :)

The third I think is a Suzuki PW something... It needs a carb and bar risers for sure. :)

The fourth is a Suzuki RM125. The engine is still over at this guys place. He says it's all there though. It doesn't look to beat for an off road machine. :)

They only had room on the truck for what you see. They're going back for the rest soon. Apparently there's the RM125 engine and tons of other bits and pieces of bikes, all useable stuff. 8)

Sometimes a little luck finds you and BAZINGA :eek:

Yup, it looks like we stumbled into a few pretty good little winter projects. :D The plan is to get them cleaned up, running and flip them for some much needed cash for our own projects. ;) My guys like to keep busy... it's nice to accommodate them!! ;D

Only problem is, my Kawi's are getting jealous. Gotta keep the peace until we can move these beauts! 8)

Back
Top Bottom