01 Camaro SS

Shermanator86

Big guy on a little bike
just picked this up tonight, I have wanted one of these cars since I was 12 haha
305321_648541531061_65000676_33275944_1546224009_n.jpg

Re: new cage, 01 SS Camaro

Awesome car! I love the engine in them. Got to love the ls engine series.

ponycarman said:
Awesome car! I love the engine in them. Got to love the ls engine series.
yea man they are great, had my first one about 3 years ago and had to sell it. don't plan on letting that happen again

I've never owned one but it is one of the cars ive lusted over most. I'm more of a trans am guy though. I've had an older camaro and love them too. I've thought about trying to swap one into my 79 ta but I've already got a bunch of stuff purchased for the 400 I have for it. Almost bought a ls1 ta but it was out of my price range at the time. I still want an ls1 haha.

ponycarman said:
I've never owned one but it is one of the cars ive lusted over most. I'm more of a trans am guy though. I've had an older camaro and love them too. I've thought about trying to swap one into my 79 ta but I've already got a bunch of stuff purchased for the 400 I have for it. Almost bought a ls1 ta but it was out of my price range at the time. I still want an ls1 haha.

yea i was looking for any lsx car, firebird/ta, z28/ss, or gtos and this is what I found for the best price, miles and condition. My friends dad is looking at building up a 6.2 truck block to put in his 67 camaro drag car he runs 10.5s now with an old 355 small block, but i think he is going for more reliability and consistency rather than more power.

Yeah as much as I like the old engines the new and improved stuff is better pretty much across the board. More reliable and more power. I like them all, new and old hehe. But I think I'm going to stick with the 400 in my ta at least for now haha. My all time dream was to swap in an ls engine and have a daily driven hot rod.

ponycarman said:
Yeah as much as I like the old engines the new and improved stuff is better pretty much across the board. More reliable and more power. I like them all, new and old hehe. But I think I'm going to stick with the 400 in my ta at least for now haha. My all time dream was to swap in an ls engine and have a daily driven hot rod.

you can't beat an old motor for simplicity though, easy to work on and to get to everything. I hear you on the dd hot rod to, my goal is an ls backed w/ a six speed in a 66-67 nova. it would get great mileage (for a v8), be plenty quick

Haha that sounds great! Ive heard the ls engines aren't bad to work on. But the old ones still seem more simple without all the computer stuff. Mmmmmm ls+6-speed. Your making me drool haha. I cant change my plans now. I already have about a grand in the pistons, rods, and rings for the 400. If I ever get it finished lol.

Here is some pics and vid from my first attempt at autocross

autox2-1.jpg

autox4.jpg

autox3.jpg

autox1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKjWwK7MQxw

Back
Top Bottom