Alright PA crew, time for roll call!!!!

Tyler in Montrose (Susquehanna Co.)

I'm new to this whole deal, just bought my first bike last night actually. 75 Cb750 that's been in a barn since 83 so she needs some work! I figured this would be a good site to get some answers.
I'll be sure to make a thread and post the progress when we get rolling!

Attachments

• IMG_1758.jpg
    IMG_1758.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 205
JacksDeathtrap said:
Tyler in Montrose (Susquehanna Co.)

I'm new to this whole deal, just bought my first bike last night actually. 75 Cb750 that's been in a barn since 83 so she needs some work! I figured this would be a good site to get some answers.
I'll be sure to make a thread and post the progress when we get rolling!

DAM!! That CB looks really clean. Looks like a steal. Nice find.

Hey Yinz guys!

New to the forum. Not new to riding or building things but new to building a cafe. Getting ready to pick up my project bike a late 70's cb650. I am going to do this as a class project with my Power Technology class. Should be fun!

I did a motor overhaul and conversion in a VW Vanagon last year with my classes (you can see that process on another forum http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=489162&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 )
but with the popularity of bike building these days, I think this will really be a good catalyst for learning experience!

I am sure I will be here asking questions, so thanks in advance!

Dave

Welcome to DTT Dave. There is a pretty big group of us in and around Pgh. We meet fairly often to wrench and bs, so keep an eye on the Pa section and stop out to say "hi" in person...

Thanks! I look forward to meeting some of you folks! Hell, I probably have met some of you at one time or another... It is a small world after all!

where do you all usually meet up?

I live on the Northern edge of Pittsburgh but work up north.

Hey Dave. Welcome to DTT. Beatnic and the city boys hang all over town. Usually on the NorthSide or McKees Rocks I believe.

There's also a small crew of us up North in Beaver Co. We try to make it to the city to wrench and ride with those guys but last summer was tough. Definitely need all of us to get together more often next year!

Anyhow, if you're ever up north let me know and Ill try and get a few of the guys together.

Mike

Sasquach,
I live on the edge of Ross Twp. and the City of Pittsburgh (at the top of Connie Drive) and grew up in McCandless (behind Pizza Roma by CCAC North). Where in the NH's are you?

Mike, I work in Beaver County! Right next to Ellwood City so I guess you could say I am always around! ;) Where in Beaver are you?

I am going to most likely be doing the build as a class project with my students.

I couldn't get the bike last night, but I think I am going to try to pick it up and do the title transfer tonight.

The adventure begins!

Hey, Dave, we were meeting at Rocky's II in McKees Rocks and we now have a garage in the Mexican War streets...about 2 blocks from CCAC and Western Ave. So we hit Peppi's, Lindo's etc...

sent you a pm

Welcome to the site Dave!

I live and work in Ellwood City. Where do you work exactly?

Edit - Just saw the Riverside link. Is that at the high school?

I'm in the town of Beaver, Dave. If you teach at Riverside than I'm sure you know my much younger cousins. Anyhow, we'll have to meet up after work sometime. Rich is literally five minutes from the high school.

beatnic, sweet. My friend has a shop up on the hill above AGH. My dad has a studio in his building and I am only a few minutes away from Mexi War Streets.

Yep, at RHS.
VY, who are your younger cousins?

Rich, where do you work?

Ciera is a senior this year. I don't know her personally, but I know who she is to see her. As I said, it is a small world! ;D

Back
Top Bottom