What performance parts are WORKING in your CB350??

joevirus563 said:

Holy crap, that video is awesome, I'll have to re-post that in the lounge. Its cool to see the amount of work that goes into a bike just for one race and then the result of the exta effort.

I'll start posting links to resources at the start of the thread to keep it all in one place as the information comes in.

That's what happens when you race, but not after every race. Sometimes the work is more significant and sometimes it's just a clean and check. We think it's a great weekend if we don't have to rebuild before next week's races.

If you dont mind me asking Teazer, what Piston/Cam/Valve/Carb combo are you using in your racers?

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. ;D ;D ;D

I should probably have explained that our race bikes are NOT CB350 so it probably won't help you. But FYI, what we found worked on small bore bikes is cleaned ports, raised CR and a mild street & track cam. We found more race oriented cams lost power in the middle and gave us back nothing at the top end even after extensive porting, mild cams rock. On a CB72 we found the opposite. That now uses a drag race cam with ridiculous amounts of lift and not much duration. That bike comes off corners like a dragster - passes everything (that should be past tense).

Getting squish right helped burn rates power and overall torque too. And just setting things up properly - blueprinting if you will, also helps. get the wheels to spin freely, controls well adjusted, suspension spot on, motor with minimal internal drag, pistons and valves and rockers lightened and balanced, and carbs set up so it's clean and that's all it takes to get a bike that's easy to ride fast

teazer said:
I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. ;D ;D ;D

I should probably have explained that our race bikes are NOT CB350 so it probably won't help you. But FYI, what we found worked on small bore bikes is cleaned ports, raised CR and a mild street & track cam. We found more race oriented cams lost power in the middle and gave us back nothing at the top end even after extensive porting, mild cams rock. On a CB72 we found the opposite. That now uses a drag race cam with ridiculous amounts of lift and not much duration. That bike comes off corners like a dragster - passes everything (that should be past tense).

Getting squish right helped burn rates power and overall torque too. And just setting things up properly - blueprinting if you will, also helps. get the wheels to spin freely, controls well adjusted, suspension spot on, motor with minimal internal drag, pistons and valves and rockers lightened and balanced, and carbs set up so it's clean and that's all it takes to get a bike that's easy to ride fast

Are you racing in a 250cc class with the CB72 or have you bored that motor Teazer?

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread, because I am about to rebuild my 350's engine and wanted to upgrade as much as I can since it will all be taken apart and cleaned

why'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''..........................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if your building a street lump,,,,,,you don;t any of this

That Cb72 is 350cc and burns methanol and runs in 350 class in Australia

We run Cb160 based racers in the US with the same formula, Mild aftermarket cams, matched ports (gas flow checked), much higher CR. Works like a charm

teazer said:
That's what happens when you race, but not after every race. Sometimes the work is more significant and sometimes it's just a clean and check. We think it's a great weekend if we don't have to rebuild before next week's races.

I simply LOVE to hear real vintage racer talk about they're machine... LOVE IT! :D

Wee Todd said:
why'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''..........................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if your building a street lump,,,,,,you don;t any of this

Because some of us still wonder.

Wee Todd said:

I think you're missing the whole point of cafe bikes...

Not an engine-related part but I replaced my stock steel rims for lighter aluminums. The wheels spin up quicker from standstill. And they look the biz.

DrJ said:
Not an engine-related part but I replaced my stock steel rims for lighter aluminums. The wheels spin up quicker from standstill. And they look the biz.

and you can get rims real cheap from Mikes XS ;D

So would this be the appropriate place to ask about rear shocks on a CL/CB 350? My stock ones are toast so I might as well upgrade if im going to spend some cash.

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but just wanted to say thanks for the links. Awesome stuff to consider as I build my CL350.

Back
Top Bottom