Beachcomber - time to quit ? Hell no

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
Due to potentially life changing circumstances I am having to abandon various car and motorcyle projects.

I am offering them first to forum / club members as the builds have been well documented with pictures.

[ UK based of course ]

ALL are to be termed “projects” to be completed. Most parts have been bought new where required or refurbished. ALL will require some smaller parts to complete.
It would be great to see at least some of them completed before it's too late. All are unique in their own way and once completed would not be seen as someone else's makeover.

This is a deeply regrettable situation as these projects have been my ongoing passion for the past 4-5 years. Bikes in general for almost 60 !

BMW K100 Streetfighter – unique bodywork 98% complete

Yamaha TR1 1960’s style Café Racer. Most parts prepped, renewed ready for assembly. Includes very expensive Grimeca 4LS front brake / hub, alloy rims and stainless spokes [ 2 x wheels - all new ]

1955 Standard Vanguard Estate – restore or Hot Rod.

I also have my Kawasaki KZ750 [twin ] Flat Tracker, but as that is amost complete, I'll endeavour to finish it off and have some riding pleasure while I can, however it will have to be sold sooner or later.

I will list the bikes / cars separately, but of specific interest here is the following – see the related build threads and pix for details.

All will be open to sensible offers – failing that they’ll go on E-Bay [ UK ]. There's a 9 months + time frame for this - so I won't be giving the stuff away.

I'll still be around the forum for the foreseeable and will make a big effort now on the final Tale and getting the "Book" into shape.

Re: Beachcomber - time to quit

Keeping fingers crossed for ya, good luck TJ.

sorry to hear that beach mate , down but not out fella just keep shooting the breeze with us all , you may not gonna be building anymore but that won't stop the smell of bike oil n exhaust fumes given ya a little bit nostalga ile be here if ya need owt fella

That's a shame Beach....but glad to hear we will still see your words of wisdom here on the forum !

miffa said:
its oil running though your veins mate not blood 8),your like Blackpool rock ,heard if they broke you in half it says engine inside,

if you ever get the urge to ruin something there's an open invite to come and spoil something with me at my place mate ,

your a gent a scholar and 100% real deal petrol head, i feel privileged to know you

sell the projects there easily replaced but dont sell the fucking tools ,you will need them when you make a come back ;)

keep safe Bro

Kind words and high praise - I thank you.

Yea, keep the tools - you never know !

beachcomber said:
Kind words and high praise - I thank you.

Yea, keep the tools - you never know !

But if you do... I got dibs on the Britt spanners and sockets ;)

miffa said:
send me a list of whats for sale cheers

I'll sort out when I get back from hospital tomorrow [ more tests ] - then when you've had chance to go through it in your mind I'll call you for a chat over the weekend if that's convenient - you do have a landline ???

Feeling for you chap, it's a horrible feeling when things start going wrong. I've broken myself a few times and had to recover, so I've got an idea what the body failing might feel like. Lets hope you can keep one project to slowly tinker with though!

Have you got any photo's of them, or links to the build threads? Staying on the forum will hopefully help you live vicariously through others!

papercutout said:
Feeling for you chap, it's a horrible feeling when things start going wrong. I've broken myself a few times and had to recover, so I've got an idea what the body failing might feel like. Lets hope you can keep one project to slowly tinker with though!

Have you got any photo's of them, or links to the build threads? Staying on the forum will hopefully help you live vicariously through others!

Thanx again guys.

Build threads document projects from day one and pretty well up to date -

"Trackers" > "Tangerine Dream"

"Cafe Racers" > " Vindicator"

The Vanguard Estate Hot Rod project was sold at the weekend, Scimitar GTE off to a new home, and a tentative bid on the BMW Kay Streetfighter.

I'll attempt to get all the major parts together over the next few weeks to take a group pic - however, the build threads are the best source.

I've already had a bid on the Alloy rimmed wheels [ Vindicator ] with new Grimeca 4LS front hub and matching rear from a Yamaha [ XS650 ], but once I go down the route of selleing stuff off - there's no chance the bikes will eventually get built. However, if needs must.

Seems a real shame to split the Vindicator up.
I'd like to see it finished.

Well the day is here ......... Preliminary tests done, armful of blood taken on Monday ......off to have the critical assessment later today.

Results should be back within 7 days.

Here's hoping ..............

All the best for a positive set of test results.

Duplicated her for my UK pals and others who dip in from time to time

AND THE WINNER IS ....................................... TJ ;D ;D

Guess that group hug, Prayers, and sacrificial offerings worked.

Not out of the woods - but certainly in the clearing [ just saw Red Riding Hood ]. New meds have taken effect and halted the decline [ for now anyway ] and apart from another load of daily meds and a resonable diet, etc. just down to every 6 month assessments for the forseeable.

Effectively NO further decline in function since Christmas. No guarantees of course, but looking positive after the uncertainty of the past 6 months. Prognosis is good - while I was at the hospital awaiting the assessment, I spoke to 2 others there in the same situation - but 12 months and 18 months down the road from me. Both had remained stable for that period since their initial assessments. 8)

Side effects [ condition and meds ] is in the main an irritant rather than a problem ........... a few years left in the old fart yet. ;)

I sincerely thank you one and all for your pms, phone calls, kind thoughts words and good wishes.

Beachcomber's back :)

Cheers, TJ. Here's to many healthy years ahead.

Back
Top Bottom