75 CL360 bobber build/advice

adicarlo

So I came across this 75 cl with the intention of building a cafe bike but after researching I think it'd suit a bobber build much better.

As you can probably guess from the photos below a couple of things have been changed. First off the swing arm has been widened and is running a 15inch 04 rebel wheel, and the front end is also off the matching bike. The picture was taken after I pulled the rear shocks trying to see how it would look.

oto.jpg

The motor for the bike is freshly rebuilt with new gaskets and the internals have been cleaned, it sits on my garage floor in flat black waiting to be installed.

to.jpg

Currently I've stripped the bike to the frame and am trying to get it to sandblasting ASAP so I can repaint it. At the moment it sits like this...

photo-2.jpg

I'm not sure how I should finish off the bikes suspension with the tire combo on it now,I feel like its throwing off the proportions especially with how the lower rails are set up on the cl. I was thinking hardtail but I would have to have a shop do it seeing I dont have a welder.
Just for reference here's a shot of the bike with the rear shocks to see how high it is.

photo-1.jpg

Got any advice guys?

I know!!... I dropped off the frame today for sand blasting and I've clocked 10 hrs on this site just trying to find someone who has widened their stock swingarm just to get an idea of my future and the closest I've found is a Ninja swingarm swap on a completely different bike.

Not sure about widening, but a few of us have lengthened. The only real way to get the bike super low without a longer swinger is a shorter and stiffer frontend and shorther shocks in the rear. That will shove your rear tire into the frame. So... You have to cut the rear of that off. Than you'll need to reinforce the frame. Long story short, youre going to need a welder. What you want to do can be done, but not without some serious work.

I'm going to start by ditching the rebel front end as I dont like the fork length or the size of the front wheel and switching to a cb750 front end for a stiffer front. Next, I have to decide if I should either hardtail it, weld the stock swing arm in place, or just get shorter shocks. I'm expecting that all have to possbily mill the hub to fit the chain which one the frame is back from sand blasting i'll mock up.

i kind of like the rebel front end.

the hardtail would be fairly simple but if you want to enjoy the soft ride i would lengthen the swing arm.

cycles107.jpg

maybe kong the seat that would look slick

RIMG19271.jpg

Please do not weld the swinger. I have seen too many bikes ruined that way. Its really half assed. There are a bunch of relativly simple ways to hardtail a bike man. TC Bros build a nice hardtail kit. Any trustworthy fab shop can do the work. If not, its also a pretty straigh forrward job to lengthen the swingarm and it can really look badass. Check out the "beat the clock" and "supernaut" bikes on here. Thats the route those builders took and they came out very nice. Well, "beat the clock" certainly did. ;) The swinger on the "supernaut" was amazing though.

Hahaha okay, I won't weld the swingarm I just need to find an la local shop that would be up for the task. Also does anyone ever swap their rims? it seems kind of rare, I haven't seen many fatter rears.

Back
Top Bottom