1974 CB360 Engine Troubles (I think)

IDK send Matt a message.

Ive got 3 of them installed on 3 different machines and never had an issue w them.

trek97 said:
Did your bike have the original Honda Reg w the selenium rectifier?
When I first got the bike it had the original Honda regulator and rectifier

But I upgraded that to the sparckmoto R/R combo

Did you find the yellow and white wires from stator tied together to feed the R/R?

If the battery ground wire came loose while the bike was running, you can experience what's known as "load dump". It'll cause a very large spike in voltage and may cook some of your electronics. It's definitely possible the R/R would be affected.

Sonreir said:
If the battery ground wire came loose while the bike was running, you can experience what's known as "load dump". It'll cause a very large spike in voltage and may cook some of your electronics. It's definitely possible the R/R would be affected.
Is there some way I could check if the R/R is still functioning properly?

Also I'm going to check the wiring of the R/R when I get home tonight

Without an adjustable power supply, the best test is just on the bike. Based on the voltage readings you're getting right now, I would be inclined to replace it.

trek97 said:
Did you find the yellow and white wires from stator tied together to feed the R/R?
So this is how everything is currently wired up:
- yellow wire from alternator connected to new R/R
- yellow wire from alternator connected to nothing (previously connected to rectifier)

I don't see any yellow/white wires though

rsjudka said:
So this is how everything is currently wired up:
- yellow wire from alternator connected to new R/R
- yellow wire from alternator connected to nothing (previously connected to rectifier)

I don't see any yellow/white wires though

I think you need to proof read this...

imgf0001.png

And I should have written.

Black previously hooked to old Reg, now feed new R/R - Black

Green Previously hooked to old Reg, now ground new R/R - Green

R/W previously hooked to old Rectifier, now Feed new R/R - Red

Back
Top Bottom