What's the best advice you have heard...

Many year ago, before the Internet changed a young man's expectations :

Second hole from the back of the neck

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it again.
Never trust a fart or waste an erection.
If the queen ain't happy, nobody is gonna be happy.
It's better to be quiet and thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Act like you've been there.
Return anything you borrow, better than original.

Never try to make something perfect. If everything was perfect, no one thing would be different from another. Instead pursue beauty, and beauty is in the imperfections.

"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."

--Thomas Henry Huxley

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

RAH

Never get involved in a land war in Asia.

It's the most famous of the classic blunders. I'm sure someone here knows the only slightly less well-known classic blunder.

A wise man once told me, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

Michelangelo of the TMNTs for those of you that didn't know...

JohnGoFast said:
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
That's one of my favorites. Another:
Ladies first isn't just about opening doors and pulling out chairs. ;) :-* :p

4eyes said:
That's one of my favorites. Another:
Ladies first isn't just about opening doors and pulling out chairs. ;) :-* :p

Outstanding!

My dad told me:

"My dad came here with nothing. He did the best for me and gave me what he could. I've done the best for you and given you what I could. Do the best for your kids, and give them what you can."

He also told me:

"When there's nothing else to do, grab a broom." I've used that line as a way of saying I'm no slouch in interviews and it's impressed every interviewer that I've encountered. I work in offices, so while I would do it, there is no chance of me ever having to grab a literal broom, haha.

Back
Top Bottom