Review - Spark Moto LED Aux lights

Maritime

Over 10,000 Posts
Ordered a Pair of the Spark Moto Aux lights for the GL to boost the visibilty of both the bike and the road ahead. Very impressed with the quality so far. Only have them mounted, will get them wired tonight and report on the output but the lights themselves are very well made and all the mounting hardware is good quality stainless. Pic on the bike, Used existing mount holes.

1732-220518093043.jpeg

Got them wired up. With the FB11 it was a breeze, wires all tucked in and clean. They are nice and bright in the daylight, next step is to aim them in the dark but that will be a few days now. I dumped her in the drive and wrecked the headlight, windscreen and a blinker so need to source new parts before I can ride again. Once I do I'll get pics of them shining down the road.

Ugh. Sorry to hear about the damage, Mike. I look forward to hearing how they work out for you.

Thanks. I turned them on last night in the garage without a headlight and they are a nice wide bright path from the front along the floor and up the wall about 4-5 feet. So I think they will be great on the road, I'll know when the parts arrive and I fix the bike to be able to ride it. So far so good though.

Need to get pics tonight but these things are great. Way brighter than the headlight, which I think I will get the LED bulb for soon. Still need to check the aim at night, was going to last night but had company. Try and get it tonight but very happy with them. Great Product Sparck Moto.

They're really worth the price. Not cheap crap. I'm super happy with them and can't wait to try them at night.

Do they max out your wings output? I hear wings are pretty much at their max output from the factory and adding stuff can be bad. I need more lights on my 78 gl1000 and am switching to all l.e.d. so I figured it would be o.k..

Haven't checked yet but I don't think there will be an issue. The only time the wing has charging issues is in stop and go traffic when the fan comes on and I can just shut them off in that case, at 3000 rpm and up she puts out plenty of juice, also I have removed a lot of the old incandescent lights as well. I do need to install a Volt meter for when I am in traffic and need to watch the charge. I have one from the GL1100 parts bike, I just need to make a mount and wire it in.

They draw just over an amp I believe ea so 2 amps is all they draw. The 4 Tacho/speedo bulbs were 3.4W ea X 4 = 1.13 amp draw so these new LED should be fine as I have a few other bits removed as well. Headlight stock is 12v 55w so thats 4.58 amps. I am going to also swap to one of Matts LED headlight bulbs that goes to 20 watt and draws only 1.67 amps, I also need to get his LED tail light bulb to reduse that draw. so all in all will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom