Attachments

• desert iron at full chat.jpg
    desert iron at full chat.jpg
    890.6 KB · Views: 226
xb33bsa said:
this isnt me but i had the exact same picture of me
all of my pictures got lost hundreds of competition shots like this :'(
but the tahoe mc really cracked the nut paying this chick to do this deed
dirty photos was the picture guy he went to every disrict 36 enduro scouted the course for a sweet photo spot and even put up a sign so we could style
the thing about this photo location is it was during a special test section of the 100 miler i barely saw her ,she went by in a flash you had to ride like a maniac in special test sections in my shot the front wheel is airborne and well turned for touchdown if i had looked at her i would have crashed hard
i remember saying to myself in my helmet mouth as dry as dirt what the fuck ..i rteally was not sure it had hapened right then
next race on the schedule dirty photo had a color slide for you of the earlier event
i very often camped next to him selling my handguards the day before almost every body made enduros a weekend long deal
i actually was camped next to her (and dirty photos)selling my hanguards at this enduro she was a fox in front nice grill on her ande you could see right thru her wardrobe tent :-* :D
location : pine nut mountains nevada 1986 the silver state enduro
thank you tahoe mc for an awesome enduro
i was an axpert A and we always started first finished first and turned in our score cards all the hotshoes in the hunt would hang around there at the finish/scoring tent
there was already rumors of who was in the hunt because of chatter at resets
i was on my way to a top 5 finish overall 3rd was not out of the picture out of 300 or so riders until a freak"event" less than 250 yards from the finish line ,it cost me 4 minutes it took me out of the tup 20 even :'( :'( :'( :-\

XB BarkBuster... A legend :eek:

Good story old guy... This is why I need to come drink beer and steal parts from you some day :eek:

xb33bsa said:
one of the best mc racing images i have ever seen right here
i named it
desert iron at full chat

Awesome picture. Duplex frame trumpet with delta head. Probably a T110 or maybe even an early T120. Correction. It has an alternator in those chaincases so it might be a 6T. Too long ago that I was building race and cafe race pre-units. It looks like a T120C but I thought they had dynamos and only the 6T had an alternator back then.

I fitted an alternator and matching chaincases on my 57 T100 back in the day and slipped a T120 (82mm) crank inside with slipper pistons and 3134 cams plus GP twin carbs and it was pretty quick for the time. 124mph timed but that was a loooong time ago. They could be made to go pretty well - it's all relative though.

Great shot. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a T120 methanol burner I built and raced back in .. never mind how long ago...

1978marchWinton.jpg

teazer said:
Awesome picture. Duplex frame trumpet with delta head. Probably a T110 or maybe even an early T120. Correction. It has an alternator in those chaincases so it might be a 6T. Too long ago that I was building race and cafe race pre-units. It looks like a T120C but I thought they had dynamos and only the 6T had an alternator back then.

I fitted an alternator and matching chaincases on my 57 T100 back in the day and slipped a T120 (82mm) crank inside with slipper pistons and 3134 cams plus GP twin carbs and it was pretty quick for the time. 124mph timed but that was a loooong time ago. They could be made to go pretty well - it's all relative though.

Great shot. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a T120 methanol burner I built and raced back in .. never mind how long ago...

1978marchWinton.jpg

[/quotefrikkin awesome that helmet shoie ?
an old friend of mine has nytro machines climbers tt120r's ill dig up tp post latr
but nobody has asked fuckers you are not curious ,?? interseted in the nature of the freak event that, harumph ,stripped me on an overall podium spot "? kept me out of the top ten, back down to 16th from the top of the whole season added up ,14 enduros i made top twentyA seriously covvetted deal you dint even get an a p[ate unless you roced downhills like the back straight ,downhills so ugly hideous novices would sit at the top puking uncontrollable at their certain demise
oorrrr is it nobody read the last sentence hkkkk ? or even past the third ;)

they brought us over the hill down a gentle long slope past the finish and camp and a short few turns and a little jump show off,style for the few spectaters
i styled a little bit and there was a big sweeping u turn then back up to finish and scoring tent a sweet berm sbeconing,and no rock s,big dead pine nut tree as a pylon think like riding a berm on a turn encircling a good sized hobby horse merry go round ride seroius 3 rd gear berm railing
so right leg out,throttle lower than knee i ralied the berm like a pro just as i was planning corner exit , a willie up hrough the gearbox it would be, the bike went bu ba stopped fuck i kickedy kick making a horrible noise the injun was goggles sweaty panic setting in seconds ticking i look down on the left side there dangles the carb on the throttle casble a 3" diameter knarly 6 foot long stob is going right thru the center of my kdx i never saw it or even felt it a billion to one shot it had to enter just ahead of the vertical kick lever punch the carb perfectly it popped it clean off the intake and airbox and traveled with me a few feet till dead stop
it was unreal ,man, over goes the bike i spin my fanny pak around as i land ready to clamp it back on the staub fought me coming out , i actually hesitated a second over the lack of sanitary conditions phillips headscrewdriver in gloved hand i literally had to shake that thought out ,you know like the coyote and the roadrunner then job done ,carb on, fired second kick 30 seconds later i crossed the finnish line 4 minutes out of the hunt

julian.allard66 said:
This

55557d33fe3db1c8f68379b8be9fc8fe.jpg

Because today I bought this

1b18b3b936c931f57008078f2b47045c.jpg

And I'm pretty chuffed about it.

And so you should be!! :eek:

Nice score. 8)

I'm not usually cranked about RSD customs, but...

BMW display at the CSBK final weekend, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, last weekend. 8)

Hoofhearted said:
That's not inspiration. That's depressing. Depressing to think there's people out there with that sort of talent and I'm not one of them.
Ah come on. Its just welding. All ittakes is being stupid enough or paid enough to practice 10 000 hours now xb, tell me - is that aluminium/bronze alloy? Looks the colour and bead shape like the saltwater tubes that were frequently changed at the nuke plant i was at.
Why would anyone make a frame out of that alloy, its brittle and heavy so im thinking its something else.

Back
Top Bottom