Skyteam Ace Build Database

Suggestions came through to add columns for

Rear Brake Pad
Absolute top speed, wind behind, downhill etc etc :)
Comfortable, maintainable, open road cruising speed

These are in the spreadsheet now...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1LNMJQkZqydE1YZHVpV2RoOGJQVmpkT1ZKMVozSlE#gid=0

You may like to revisit to check out what others have added, panning out to be a really good database. Definitely helping me make some decisions. I have listed my current thoughts near the bottom of the spreadsheet.

As soon as I get a look at the upcoming 250 option (hopefully in June), I will place an order. Tending to think I will stick with the 125 idea as it is so light and sounds like fun getting the most out of it.

Recently added columns, so may be time for to do some updates...

Purchase Month/Year
A couple of speed columns
Rear brake pad column

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1LNMJQkZqydE1YZHVpV2RoOGJQVmpkT1ZKMVozSlE#gid=0

If you want to add extra detail to any cell, suggest you right click and use the Insert comment option. I have done that to share a few links.

Good idea, I added a Nut and Bolt column in to the cosmetic section and moved or copied any existing comments about nuts and bolts in to this new column.

Also inserted a comment in the first Stock row to record HerbertD's list of sizes.

The latest specs are updated.... ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 941
Looking good Novgarod.

Can you give us links to where the headlight came from? I will be going the classic looking 7" route too.

Added a heap of information to the database - makes you think of how many changes i've done to the little sucker.

I am going to keep it 125, because it's so little and cute.

Not really much else I want to modify now...

rear light shrinkage
Reduce the read guard some what, ir possibly tidy it up, make it more seamless with the frame, and slightly shorter
A nice little NRC fairing (like on the Duc 405's) or something similar maybe the go some time soon.
Upgrade the Carb
Possibly go a tooth up.
A phase for 3-5 years time, will be strip down to frame and prep the frame properly for a good paint up.

The frame paint job is less than average, but by the looks of it, the prep work on the frame probably needs re-doing.

Stevodude,
Do you mean something like this or a full fairing?
I have been thinking of something like this, it is for a Ducati 250/350 SS conversion. This company has a huge range of stuff. http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/
Check out the XS650 Road Racer. The postage would probably be a killer as it is light but quite bulky. Does anyone know if you are legally allowed to use a fibreglass tank in QLD? US$172.90 for the fairing and US$129 for the windscreen, then you still have to work out how to mount it. Can anyone photoshop a Ducati SS fairing onto an Ace? I have no idea how to use photoshop.

Attachments

• DUCSSS1S~2[1].jpg
    DUCSSS1S~2[1].jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 642
Only just now remembered to add my oil cooler to the database!

But I'm probably not the only one who is too busy riding or plotting modifications to keep things up-to-date.

Crazy

Back
Top Bottom