Rose City '69 cb350

here is some recent updates. Pinstriping by Jeff Wolf.
tatescafe2.jpg

tatescafe.jpg

cafepinstripe.jpg

Good job on the seat and great idea. Hmmm, now if i can find a sweet brown leather one at the goodwill. My last build I used the seat bottom of a folding chair since the bottom was already wrapped in black vinyl......

Did you try running it with the stock jetting and pods. I have a CL350 that has SL350 pods on it I believe and I just put on pods. Got it running and goes around the block well, but I'm out of gas and picking up more later today. It's not plated so I can't get outta neighborhood, but anyway, I've read where guy from Ohio cafe shop (I think) posted that they have done 350's with stock jetting running every kind of mod to stock with no problems. So did you try running it with stock jets? Not sure where the hell I'm at with the SL carbs on this thing.

I put my battery in the same exact configuration btw. I'm looking for some sort of a power "post" kinda deal to hook the battery cable to and connect the accessories in a way that they can't touch and short on anything around them.

Captainrob said:
Good job on the seat and great idea. Hmmm, now if i can find a sweet brown leather one at the goodwill. My last build I used the seat bottom of a folding chair since the bottom was already wrapped in black vinyl......

Did you try running it with the stock jetting and pods. I have a CL350 that has SL350 pods on it I believe and I just put on pods. Got it running and goes around the block well, but I'm out of gas and picking up more later today. It's not plated so I can't get outta neighborhood, but anyway, I've read where guy from Ohio cafe shop (I think) posted that they have done 350's with stock jetting running every kind of mod to stock with no problems. So did you try running it with stock jets? Not sure where the hell I'm at with the SL carbs on this thing.

I put my battery in the same exact configuration btw. I'm looking for some sort of a power "post" kinda deal to hook the battery cable to and connect the accessories in a way that they can't touch and short on anything around them.
ya, I'm running the stock jets with just the pods. I have yet to put it all back together cuz I need a longer battery cable but will soon. Newborn girl comes first. How did you know about the goodwill leather jacket supply?

damn close to done! trying to figure out a tail light/ license plate set-up that I like. No axle mounted bobber. Just gotta connect some wires in the headlight, turn signals and get a longer battery cable and that's all she wrote. Thinking about blacking out the wheels and wrapping the pipes......your thoughts? I like the chrome but love the look of black wheels and wrapped pipes too, not to mention saving my legs from the heat. Maybe eventually going to a different upswept exhaust?

DSCF1884.jpg

DSCF1888.jpg

DSCF1886.jpg

DSCF1887.jpg

DSCF1882.jpg

DSCF1880-1.jpg

Rose City '69 cb350 *looking for more hp* make it snappy?

So I'm a bit of a newbie to motorcycles and I'm looking to get a little more torque in my bike. I talked to a local mechanic and he suggested new rings, CNC milling the heads and a high performance cam which he said could be made out of my current cam. I know it's only a 350 and if I want more I can step it up to a 750 but to be honest, I know with anything more my insurance rates will explode riding that fast. I love my '69 cb350 and it's all I need around Portland and enough to get me from point A to point B on the freeway. I would just like to see that "snap" from a red light. Is there any other mods to increase hp ideally in the 0-60mph range? I'm pretty savvy when it comes to building/ fixing things and I've done all the work on my bike thus far and and I would like it to stay that way without paying an arm and a leg to have somebody CNC my heads and cut/re-weld my cam. I'm selling some of my pre 1960 bicycles and I'm looking to put more into my bike. Any help is appreciated.

So.....I finally get it ready to roll and find that I need new bar clamp bushings. Me and the guys at the shop were thinking we could go to something that lasts a little longer than the standard plastic bushing but our idea of aluminum bushings was quickly shut down but the fact my bike would be so rigid I'd die. Is there anybody out there that makes after market bushings that last long and still absorb some of the road shake? Also, if you have clip-ons, how do you avoid getting rattled to death?

I just started to build a '69 CB350 and was going to use clip-ons too. As far as the vibrations go, on my gixxer adding weight to the end of the bar greatly reduced the vibration. Before I added the weights my hands would go numb, that stopped after I added the weights. Check out Motovation.com, thats where i got the weights. By the way, your bike is sick!

sonusual said:
I just started to build a '69 CB350 and was going to use clip-ons too. As far as the vibrations go, on my gixxer adding weight to the end of the bar greatly reduced the vibration. Before I added the weights my hands would go numb, that stopped after I added the weights. Check out Motovation.com, thats where i got the weights. By the way, your bike is sick!
Thanks for the compliment and for the site but I didn't see any parts on that site, just a racetrack with lessons.

Nice Job on the bike.....diggin the color choice....has old school feel (Hot rod/bobber) to it.

hawyn9 said:
Nice Job on the bike.....diggin the color choice....has old school feel (Hot rod/bobber) to it.
Thanks! I am actually a member of a local hot rod club called The Driven Dead C.C. out of Portland. We throw a huge car show every year called the Rose City Roundup. I had to have some pinstriping on my bike to represent the hot rod culture. I think my next bike will probably be a drag bar rockin' brat. Either a 1968-69 cb450 or a cb500 but also like the SR400s on bratsyle.com. It's hard to pick, I just need a fatter wallet and bigger garage, my 59 Ford takes up the entire garage and leaves just enough for my bike and my wife's 74 cb360. Thanks again!

Space is the answer to all.....i have a pic of my garage and it is ok for bikes. But if the man cave was 4 car garage...look out. I got a 54 f100 and last summer it should have been torn down but space kept me from doing anything. The rod/bobber seen is my feel. I got 2 built bobbers i did now my cafe and soon the truck. Like i said, i dig your style.

From Keaukaha (Hilo side) grew up on hawaiiian homestead. 1/2 hawyn / 1/2 white but grew up hawaiian all the way. My family didn't understand my crazy white ways growing up. They always said i'm gonna hurt myself.

Back
Top Bottom