Softail bobber

Shameless sticker update.

The great thing about not having a paint job is that you can go on ebay like a 5 year old and order stickers!!!

I really like the thin film of rust, very rat roddy. A little wipe down with the gun oil keeps it in check.

I got these the other day. When I get the monster back from the wire job I will flat black these and figure out where to tack weld them to the bike.

Oh, I forgot that I didnt post on this forum that I had to drop the bike off to get some wiring work done. Kills me to pay someone to work on my bike, but wirin aint my thing!!! Gonna clean up the harness nice, get rid of all the extra un-needed wires and install a new switch. Pics to follow,

Should be a cool little touch. Maybe the side of the tank??

Or maybe in front of the tank where I had the old power switch mounted?? Or maybe where I have that loser ace of spades sticker on the side of the swinger?? Ah, decisions, decisions!!!!

So I got the little piggy back from the shop. The guy did a real clean job. He ripped out the entire wiring harness and rewired the bike. He built a little plate and put the choke, a power switch, a start button, power light and neutral light on it. He also made sort of a fuse panel behind the seat. Completely cleaned up the biggest weak point of this bike, my hacked up wiring job. I am completely satisfied with the job.

The only thing I am gonna change is the plate that he mounted the switches to. I will cut the point off the bottom tonight. Tomorrow I will probably pull it apart and paint it black and maybe move the two lights up a little higher and trim the plate even smaller. Too big and shiny for my taste, but hey, he is harley guy and I think he likes chrome so I wont hold it against him. 8)

All the circuts and crap that used to be hanging off the front of the tank on the old ignition switch are now nice and neat behind the seat.

I just read through 9 pages about this bike and I have to say I don't know what is more crazy you or the bike.

The bike is absolutely an awesome piece of work well done and man your neighbors must hate you with the way that thing echos around there LOL!

Thanx fire. ;D

My brother welded a tab onto the steering head so that I could mount up the gixxer steering damper. Also welded the knuckles to the side of the frame!! 8)

So I said damm it, if winter aint gonna end, I'm ridin!!!!!!! 8)

I put on the Batman outfit and got a little saddle time today. Little chilly comin through the pass back there!!!! ;D

PS, some of those partches are sewn on. Others are epoxied!!!!!! :eek: :p

I love those knuckles!!! :mad:

Rainin like a bastard and I have the day off. Time to crack a brew, stare at the bike and find a project.

This little bracket looked like shit. Became useless when the wiring harness got ripped out.

This is how shitty it looked when the original harness was intact.

Took the dremel and cut it out. Only three little tack welds.

Couple little squirts of my favorite spray paint, looks much better. 8)

So last week I took a spin around the block, parked the bike and hung the helmet on the bars.

I go in the garage today and find bird nest in my helmet!!!!! ;D

Glamour shot....I am such a whore!!! 8)

You know your not turnin many wrenches when you have to update your build thread with a "birdnest story'!!!

Fast Freddy Spencer's race bike, will that get me off the hook??..........Nah!!!!

So I trimmed down that switch mount today, moved the two little lights higher and blacked it out. Looks much better IMHO. 8)

Before

After. Little tighter / cleaner.

This is awesome. At first I was like :eek: but then I was like 8) . I dig the uniqueness of it. Totally has that bobber feel and then you look at the rear and it gives you that, dare I say it, Hayabusa feel. Good on ya for being different and not caring what others think. Looks like a blast to ride!

Thanx bro. ;D

I went for a rip Sunday to a bike hangout. Started talkin to some dude on an R1. He said he was headed in the same direction as me so we rode for about 20 minutes. I dont claim to be some crazy rider, but this dude was ridin pretty mild. I expected to be left in the dust by this guy on this twisty road. He was wayyyy behind me. Then he took the lead at an intersection and I was breathin down his neck for the rest of the ride (not too bad, I dont like when guys do that to me!!!!!).

I was strechin the legs on the old bobber for sure. Took some body english and some pretty aggressive braking, but I was havin a blast!!! 8) ;D 8)

So we went up to Fall River yesterday. First of all, my bros talked me out of riding up due to the forecast so we took the car. It was a beautiful day so I was pissed!! But on the way home we ran into huge rain, so I guess it worked out.

The event was very cool. Several cool choppers and bobbers and they even had stunt show. The best part was free burgers and dogs and free BEER!!! Safe to say I got shit housed (I wasnt driving)!!! The Vanson leather factory was cool as hell!!!

Some of the cool sights.

I should have taken a close up pic. This dude was runnin an open CHAIN primary...a true Meat grinder!!!

The meat grinder (open chain primary)

ctluba said:
So we went up to Fall River yesterday. First of all, my bros talked me out of riding up due to the forecast so we took the car. It was a beautiful day so I was pissed!! But on the way home we ran into huge rain, so I guess it worked out.

The event was very cool. Several cool choppers and bobbers and they even had stunt show. The best part was free burgers and dogs and free BEER!!! Safe to say I got shit housed (I wasnt driving)!!! The Vanson leather factory was cool as hell!!!

Some of the cool sights.

I should have taken a close up pic. This dude was runnin an open CHAIN primary...a true Meat grinder!!!

The meat grinder (open chain primary)

yip

So I am back on the rear fender situation. After being at the chopper show and seeing all the cool bikes, I started thinkin about that rear hugger fender I ended up using. I never really liked it, but just used it because it was an easy bolt on solution.

I had a steel fender I was messin with but never used it because I will have to have tabs welded on the arm to be able to mount it. I think I am gonna call the welder and see if he will do those aluminum tabs for me. I will leave the fender in the raw to match the tank and I think it will create a little bit of balance between the front end and rear end. This is just a basic little mock up to show you the general idea. I will have to do some planning to make everything the correct angle etc.

What a day!!! Went for a couple hour rip with a buddy. Great weather, great ride!!! 8)

Still sortin the fender.....whenever.

My buddys rigid chopper. 120" motor.

We swapped bikes for a bit. First rigid I ever rode, pretty crazy!! The roll on power of the 120 was crazy!!! I love all the brushed alum look on the bike. The raked out front end isnt really my thing, but it was a blast to ride.

The tank and fender have a rhino liner type finish, bad ass!!!

Back
Top Bottom