trackin xv750

Bert Jan said:
So, where's your build thread? Qualifications aint shit, experience is what counts.

Oh you mean this thread http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=44804.0

Swagger said:
Don't make me pull this forum over and slap you, you argumentative fucking children.......... You made your points individually and how you're just fucking for everyone else to watch. Seriously....pull your heads out.

Guilty as charged! :)

Ok I joined this forum for inspiration not arguements............lets draw a line under it and move on! :D

dang was not expecting to read this as hungover as i am this morning. anyways.. thanks for the concerns fellas.. im taking everything into consideration for sure.. swagger thanks i appreciate your honesty and your opinions. just like you and teazer have said, not enough braking power is going to be the issue ill be running into.. but id like to try it first.. im almost there anyways.. ill try it, and if it doesnt work, then i have no issues going back and setting it up with the disc, or "inevitable" as teazer would probably call it.. HAHA is like you and teazer are that doctor from house, dont want to just give me the answer, let me fuck it up a couple times and then ill figure it out, i love it. haha.. but seriously though, if its unsafe after some really slow short rides to test it out, i will change it. this face is too valuable to risk a crash, have a great weekend guys!

Attachments

• house-md-fox-cast21.jpg
    house-md-fox-cast21.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 824
Frankly I think it'll be somewhat functional but very weak. Just don't get yourself killed ok?

this face is too valuable to risk a crash
Copy that, right? We're too pretty to die on anything but a college cheerleader

Attachments

• hangover.jpg
    hangover.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 856
Hah....no, that's me in the shop after 6 or 7 Perfect Manhattans and 2 hours of sleep.

Rich Ard you look like quite a prize yourself there scrote.... ;)

Edit: fucking autocorrect is the bain of my existance. Should have read: ...yourself there SLICK.
Scrote? WTF over? But I'm leaving it because it made my girlfriend laugh.....

teazer said:
The point being made about a large diameter thin wall tube may not have been explained in perfect textbook English, but fact remains that for a given mass of material a thin wall large diameter steel tube is stronger than a smaller diameter tube with thicker walls of the same mass of the same material.

Using that on line calculator, what deflection do you calculate for that application assuming the brakes actually work to slow the bike? I'm too lazy to work out the actual forces, but the data I used came back as exceeding the material strength. If someone would like to work through the forces as it's designed now for say a 1g stop and add say 50% MOS then we'll all know if it's a problem or not.

My post took issue only with the statement "A hollow pipe is stronger than a massive one with the same diameter". I provided the online calculator to show the error in that. It's applicable to a simple beam and isn't relative to the rest of this discussion.

I don't even want to get involved in the brake mount argument.

CC

I understand that was what you were replying to, but I think the OP miss spoke and what hew really meant was what I tried to say a little more clearly. I think that sometimes we take post too literally.

teazer said:
I understand that was what you were rep[lying to, but I think the OP miss spoke and what hew really meant was what I tried to say a little more clearly. I think that sometimes we take post too literally.

Jup, thanks for clearing that up. English is not my first language ;)

thinking exhaust here, thoughts? i wanna do it myself.. i do not however have access to a pipe bender although i do weld. thoughts? ive seent exhaust kits etc.. maybe just take a template of sort to a shop?

Attachments

• Virago.jpg
    Virago.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 284
Whoa nice pipes! I found the easiest (and cheapest) way to make pipes is to get old pipes in same diameter and just cut em up. use the bends and straights where you need em. People discard old pipes a lot and since you'll have to powdercoat them anyways its no problem.

who hell yeah that is awesome.. the last bike is my favorite i think.. just wasnt sure if i wanted to run a single muffler or stacked. thanks for the pics though.

bert yeah was thinking about that too.. hmm now gonna have to start looking around for some old pipes!

MJPriceisright said:
who hell yeah that is awesome.. the last bike is my favorite i think.. just wasnt sure if i wanted to run a single muffler or stacked. thanks for the pics though.

bert yeah was thinking about that too.. hmm now gonna have to start looking around for some old pipes!

dont you still have the old ones? would make for a good start at the headers and such...

Had the good fortune to see a couple of his (Sepp Koch) bikes close up and personal at a bike rally near Stuttgart a couple of years ago. First time I'd seen a TR1/XV cafed took me a while to realise what they were. They looked like they had dropped straight in from 50's.

Hi guys,

Exhaust is always a thing.... and for a V-twin it's even harder. Problem with the original exhaust is that it has 2 different diameters of tube front and back to get "same volume" of front an back header to the point where the pipes join together.

So in my opinion the original pipes are useless for making your own exhaust if you don't want stock exhaust and still make it work. Sepp's pipes use same diameter/length tube for the two headers, and are very nice :)

I made a my own system (Tr1 engine) allong this way to from stainless bends and tube (2 headers of 40x1,5mm bends and tube into 1 end of 50x1,5mm bends and tube). And I can tell you it's been a hell of a job to reach same volume/length given the small room available in my frame.

Your exhaust drawing looks a lot like Sepp's exhaust so try and copy as much as possible I would say ;) it's a nice design. The routing has already been proven by Sepp, and if you can weld it yourself it's even better!

Good luck!

Best regards,

Loek

Just buy pre-made bends then cut and weld as required. You can get them here www.coneengineering.com.

Back
Top Bottom