trackin xv750

do anybody know if i can go to a yamaha dealer and get a key for this gas cap? i never had a key to begin with because the bike was wrecked but thought maybe if i went in there with the vin they could make me one? ive got a new tank coming and without a cap and the one i currently have looks to be in perfect working order. correct me if im wrong here

MJPriceisright said:
do anybody know if i can go to a yamaha dealer and get a key for this gas cap? i never had a key to begin with because the bike was wrecked but thought maybe if i went in there with the vin they could make me one? ive got a new tank coming and without a cap and the one i currently have looks to be in perfect working order. correct me if im wrong here

The dealership I worked for was able to cut a new key as long as you were able to bring in some proof that you owned the vehicle. If they cannot cut it there they should be able to order it in for ya.

danejurrous said:
The dealership I worked for was able to cut a new key as long as you were able to bring in some proof that you owned the vehicle. If they cannot cut it there they should be able to order it in for ya.

most appreciated sir, thank you.

Gas tank should not be specific to the ignition, any virago key will open it.

Rich Ard said:
Gas tank should not be specific to the ignition, any virago key will open it.

My 920r gas cap is matched to my ignition so I'd check that....

Odd - the keys for my XV750 and XV920 will each open the other's gas cap.

Wear maybe? I just went out to verify my statement and the key for my 920rh only opens it's cap, the 750mk tank I have on the shelf has it's own key that will only open it....? Weird haha...

That's entirely possible, Swagger. Probably easier to pull the lock mechanism and shave the pins so a pocketknife would do the job :)

someone name that tail! found the info on the bike, but mentioned nothing of the rear section!

Attachments

• BMWtracker.jpg
    BMWtracker.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 227
MJPriceisright said:
someone name that tail! found the info on the bike, but mentioned nothing of the rear section!

Probably something from our German cousins ?

I DO have a pair of those wheels waiting to be blasted and powder coated and maybe make their way onto my BMW Fighter !!

got my handlebar risers made yesterday, turned out alright, nothing special there, but needed to be done. will be painted black along with the clamps

Attachments

• IMG_2013022750893.jpg
    IMG_2013022750893.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 200
MJPriceisright said:
Haha I love them! I'm gonna be adventure riding all over the place!

I am looking forward to the dueling Viragos photo shoot.

Back
Top Bottom