trackin xv750

well if this bike had a face I would have surely punched it last night... got the wiring re worked and the side cover back on, the starter clutch wasn't lining up correctly (thanks Richard), then the clutch mechanism in the ebay side cover was missing the ball bearings and I didn't even notice, so had to tear the shit back off, re-use the old on which was fine, and got her all sealed up. heli-coil thread repair kit went good as well. hopefully it wont leak like a HD when I put oil in it... hopefully.

Attachments

• IMG_201305089378.jpg
    IMG_201305089378.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 734
  • IMG_2013050816665.jpg
    IMG_2013050816665.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 213
Glad you got it all sorted out. See you in a couple of nights and we'll stick some wires on that thang.

actually sat on the bike to see how it felt, posting a picture of it.. i guess going back i could have made the length of the seat a little longer, but it does feel very comfortable being up higher and with the raised handlebars.. a real dirt bike feel, only a thousand pounds heavier.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    463.9 KB · Views: 215
verboten1 said:
Looking good man, we will have a whole Michigan virago army soon!

haha absolutely. two in my shop right now, rich is on his way up to gr tonight to help wire mine up.. just a mess of XVs

MJPriceisright said:
actually sat on the bike to see how it felt, posting a picture of it.. i guess going back i could have made the length of the seat a little longer, but it does feel very comfortable being up higher and with the raised handlebars.. a real dirt bike feel, only a thousand pounds heavier.

raise the eyebrow a little bit more

I Like that, simple and fits the look of the bike well.

Edit :

The only suggstion may be to incorporate a 2-1 collector at the point the 2 pipes meet for better flow???

Maritime said:
I Like that, simple and fits the look of the bike well.

Edit :

The only suggstion may be to incorporate a 2-1 collector at the point the 2 pipes meet for better flow???

so your saying place the collector at a spot where the pipes are running side by side and parallel?

Personally I think a collector will look too "clunky". You might be talking 1/2 - 1 BHP loss [ doubt it ] with the photoshop system, but it looks "right".

beachcomber said:
Personally I think a collector will look too "clunky". You might be talking 1/2 - 1 BHP loss [ doubt it ] with the photoshop system, but it looks "right".

im hoping when the rounded rear cylinder pipe comes down, the new pipe coming from the front head will be behind it when the meet, so from the side you only see half of the collector as its running parallel with the ground. yeah im not too worried about the hp +/- i just want a good "flowing" setup that works and sounds "good enough for who its for"

yep, I was just thinking if the curved pipe came down and under the motor and the factory straight one came past at the same height the collector could catch and merge the 2 at a straight shot into the one pipe and it would be hidden giving you the look but better flow??? Just not sure if you were to weld the curve pipe into the straight if the gases will mix and flow as well as if they are in a nice 2-1 collector is all . Only a guess but I think it makes sense.

Attachments

• MJ PIPE.png
    MJ PIPE.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 210
Maritime said:
yep, I was just thinking if the curved pipe came down and under the motor and the factory straight one came past at the same height the collector could catch and merge the 2 at a straight shot into the one pipe and it would be hidden giving you the look but better flow??? Just not sure if you were to weld the curve pipe into the straight if the gases will mix and flow as well as if they are in a nice 2-1 collector is all . Only a guess but I think it makes sense.

it would have to be the other way around, the curved pipe from the back cylinder would be on the outside, and the pipe coming from the front head would be on the inside, or it would stick out pretty far. but yes I see what your saying about the collector etc. we seem to be about the same skill level with Microsoft paint as well, haha! thanks for the input. gonna make some calls today and get some pipe bends and get this shit done!

Here, I'll clutter up your thread a bit. We worked on some wiring last night (mostly on MJ's buddy's bike, as it turned out).

n0fTmhSl.jpg

Rich Ard said:
That little fucked up stool cracks me up

my brother (McGiver) was going to put koich's GS450 sissy bar back rest on it.. he'll get it on there in the next 6-9 months im sure when he gets around to it.

Back
Top Bottom