trackin xv750

Rich Ard said:
It looks like an extra from The Brave Little Toaster

ineed it does.. although it dropped me on my ass this past weekend. anyways. I picked up a clutch and brake lever with the perches off ebay.. they are for a yz125, so they'll fit my bars etc etc etc... just needing a brake cable to get the brakes situated. im also waiting for an exhaust to come in the mail so that will hold me over until I get all the custom bends etc for my one off exhaust. Richard is taking a cruise up to GR to help finish the wiring on my bike and it should be a runner by the weekend im hoping.. would love to take it for a spin asap to see how the brakes feel, so when everyone tells me "I told you so" I can go back and get it re-situated.

Attachments

• $T2eC16h,!ygE9s7HLcLyBRbt+rQMZg~~60_12.jpg
    $T2eC16h,!ygE9s7HLcLyBRbt+rQMZg~~60_12.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 904
so the exhaust for the bike came yesterday (thanks bonedaddy) but unfortunately it doesn't appear to work for my bike.. I think maybe its a second gen exhaust? the rear pipe looks to be too long/and nowhere to mount for the support. anyways, I started tinkering last night and decided to run this setup instead, I really dig the dual over under look. just trying to figure how to do the rear cylinder to add some length, to get remotely close to the front pipe. if I just swing with a 90' bend and then another to the pipe, it will be way way shorter than the front cylinder.. ideas?

Attachments

• 20130522_003112.jpg
    20130522_003112.jpg
    755.4 KB · Views: 218
ok so I had a little time before the holiday to work on the exhaust so I went down and cut some pieces at my old mans shop, and I have to say im pretty happy overall with the way the rear pipe turned out. of course you can see in the pics I tried out a couple seams on the joints with no success, got really hot and burned through. so I think ill be having someone seam weld up the joints with a tig welder.. ive been told its most likely the best option because of the variable heat ranges it has capability of.. anyways, here are some pics. not sure if im going to re do the whole front pipe or just add to the existing factory pipe, we'll see tonight when I get home, and where my motivation is at.

Attachments

• 20130523_211956.jpg
    20130523_211956.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 20130523_211923.jpg
    20130523_211923.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 20130523_211855.jpg
    20130523_211855.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 20130523_214246.jpg
    20130523_214246.jpg
    913.6 KB · Views: 227
there isn't a battery box. I think you're looking at the lower frame portion that was cut out. that whole rear section will be empty like that. will be exhaust wrapping both pipes as well.

Nice work, If the ID of the new and factory pipe are the same, just cut the factory and add a piece to connect the mufflers. I like the look of it. Suites the way the tail looks etc.

Maritime said:
Nice work, If the ID of the new and factory pipe are the same, just cut the factory and add a piece to connect the mufflers. I like the look of it. Suites the way the tail looks etc.

the new pipe slides right into the mufflers no problem, worked out nicely. gonna make another tonight and get it seamed up tomorrowm stay tuned.

JAGspeed said:
Pipe looks cool. Kinda like the Frankenpipe look, almost a shame to wrap it.

thanks man, yeah I know, just depends on what it looks like finished up, but Im also considering wrap just because of how close the rear cylinder pipe is to my foot, hopefully it will cut down on some of the heat.

got a little time to finish the front cylinder pipe, extended it to meet the lower muffler. everything looks pretty good, going to pick up some stainless wire and get these pipes seamed up tomorrow hopefully. then off to finish up the electrical this weekend, would love to hear it run sooner than later. we'll see.

Attachments

• IMG_2013052937772.jpg
    IMG_2013052937772.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_2013052945630.jpg
    IMG_2013052945630.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2013052946236.jpg
    IMG_2013052946236.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2013052938512.jpg
    IMG_2013052938512.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 244
Man just seen the pic so took alook and have to say I really like the looks of your build sir and pipes fit the bill !!

Really coming together man - let me know what your weekend looks like and let's get this thing fired up.

DreadRock said:
Man just seen the pic so took alook and have to say I really like the looks of your build sir and pipes fit the bill !!

thanks man yeah I am really liking how those pipes are working out. Rich anytime Saturday would work for me, sunday would be a bit tricky. lemme know!

MJPriceisright said:
thanks man yeah I am really liking how those pipes are working out. Rich anytime Saturday would work for me, sunday would be a bit tricky. lemme know!

Get 'em in the truck and bring 'em down Saturday, I'll be home all day and we'll knock it out.

Are you in GR? I have a pretty trashed one off of a 1000 you could try it on. We have a car show here next weekend, and I'm sure I could get it to GR with a buddy if you want to see what it looks like

verboten1 said:
Are you in GR? I have a pretty trashed one off of a 1000 you could try it on. We have a car show here next weekend, and I'm sure I could get it to GR with a buddy if you want to see what it looks like

yeah im in grand rapids. im just a little concerned about the clearance between the front pipe and tire, now with the shorter forks it seems pretty close. I wont be in town unfortunately next weekend but thanks for the offer, I think ill probably make a full sectioned one later with a harder bend off the head to stay away from the tire.

Back
Top Bottom