First bike/bobber build!Lil' Blue

Hoosier Daddy said:
I think you need to thow in some rake and kick that front end out.

I may do that later on down the road, I personally won't do it. I could always look over the winter and see how much my buddy will charge me to do it ( hes done a few of my other buddies projects that needed a rake put into the frame) Since i don't have the proper shit to do it deff don't wanna F that up, as u can see i lack the luxury of what some of the other dudes on DTT got to work in *drools*. Working out in the backyard till winter comes then im stuck in the small shed working around all the tools and the old mans bike. i should prob post some pics of that lil jail cell lol.

Quick Little Update, Had to install Carriage bolts to ensure clearance on the rear fender. Started mounting the rear seat, found out my current springs are way to big ( 4.5') buddy is gonna bring me a set of 2' clothespin style springs while i make the hinge for the front of the seat.
IMG00308-20120929-1713.jpg

IMG00309-20120929-1715.jpg

IMG00310-20120929-1746.jpg

IMG00311-20120929-1746.jpg

IMG00313-20120929-1746.jpg

IMG00315-20120929-1747.jpg

IMG00317-20120929-1756.jpg

IMG00318-20120929-1757.jpg

Been a cold and wet thanksgiving weekend, been rained out of work twice so far this weekend and now i've got a horrible cough (damn weather change). I got a fair amount of work done tho, I tossed the idea of a hinged seat and made a quick release mount, still gotta put carriage bolts on the seat, the ones i've got on the seat right now even once i put a gel pad and leather on it, i may as well carry some preperation H around, the bolt locations dig right into your ass when you sit on it lol.
IMG00321-20121005-1620.jpg

IMG00322-20121005-1620.jpg

IMG00327-20121005-1756.jpg

IMG00328-20121005-1757.jpg

I also started mounting the taillight and taillight bar to the rear fender, The taillight bar i will need to fabricate something as its white metal and i can't do any cutting and welding with it so ill have to make a similar looking one that will more then likely be abit smaller length wise and bolt level with the taillight. The Bitch pad will get located and mounted once i finish mounting the taillights and run a small conduit piece on the inside of the fender to protect the wires from wear from the tire since there is not alot of clearance on the side walls of the fender and only a tallboy can of clearance to the top of the fender from the center of the tire.
IMG00339-20121007-1627.jpg

Sup dude? I'm real curious to see how this all ends up, i dig it. I know how you feel drooling over everyone's garages. Keep at it man. Like some jackass told me once "This build's got soul."

rattpunk said:
Sup dude? I'm real curious to see how this all ends up, i dig it. I know how you feel drooling over everyone's garages. Keep at it man. Like some jackass told me once "This build's got soul."

Not much man, still sick lol. slowly working through it.Yea the shop would be a huge help and reduce the agitation of working around everything, either way this bikes gotta get done blood sweat and possibly some tears lol.

As my fridays usually are, don't work and i only have 2 hours of class. I started working on making the light bar, its almost done i have to shorten it and "dress" it up abit more and make the back mounting piece for it. i'm hoping to get it finished quickly to get the bitch pad done so i can finally start working on doing the fiberglass/ body work to the ferring.

IMG00346-20121012-1527.jpg

IMG00348-20121012-1615.jpg

IMG00349-20121012-1615.jpg

IMG00350-20121012-1630.jpg

IMG00351-20121012-1630.jpg

IMG00352-20121012-1631.jpg

IMG00353-20121012-1655.jpg

Can you turn the heat up on your welder? They look a tad "cold" which makes me worry for your safety. Keep up the work though, thing's kinda cool.

MotorbikeBruno said:
Can you turn the heat up on your welder? They look a tad "cold" which makes me worry for your safety. Keep up the work though, thing's kinda cool.
Bad ground till i fixed it .the metal had been sitting in the shop also overnight and it hit about -6 C today so it was a little chilly out=p,. The welds strong tho, made the old man double check it =P.

Hoosier Daddy said:
Ya got spirit kid... keep it up!
Thanks man!

Didn't get much work done today, only got a hr or 2 to hit up my dads place to shorten the light bar about 2" on both sides, I'm still trying to figure out what i need to make to mount it to the fender, just drawing up a few things on a notepad. Did almost take my thumb off with the zip cut wheel.good thing i was wearing gloves lol, hand slipped when i was turning the grinder off. no blood on this build yet!

for sure lol, it will happen just...WHEN will it? haha. I usually try to be as careful as possible but, as the motto goes F.I.S.H ( $#@% it shit happens.)

Well, it was a slow, but productive day thanks to cranking some Rebel Son =D. Got the plate mount welded together and made the mounts for the light bar and dressed it up a little more. I will have to go over them some more with a file but......it was getting dark and i was getting balls tired so i called it a night. Here's what the mock up/progress of today looks like.
IMG00375-20121019-1718.jpg

mmmmmmm....beer>_>
IMG00368-20121018-1753.jpg

IMG00369-20121018-1753.jpg

IMG00372-20121019-1717.jpg

IMG00373-20121019-1717.jpg

IMG00374-20121019-1717.jpg

IMG00376-20121019-1827.jpg

I know its lopsided, only got everything sitting in place with nothing but mechanics wire lol
IMG00377-20121019-1827.jpg

IMG00378-20121019-1827.jpg

IMG00380-20121019-1834.jpg

Update: haven't been working on the bike since the 26th, schools gettig busy since its almost the end of my first semester plus i had day surgery done and im suppose to "take it easy" no lifitng, bending etc etc. Stay tuned tho once i got my 2 weeks off during the xmas holidays i'll be hammering away at it. Gotta get the new lights installed and propane heater into the shed so i won't be working in the dark and freezing my nips off lol.

Depending on how things go i may not have it done by spring but, if thats the case i can spend some more time with it to make sure its done well and cleaned up nicely. I haven't decided if i wanna strip the bitch down and paint the frame yet either, thinking maybe blue or white for the frame or get it powder coated black or w/e, what do you guys think?

thanks

JordanCFH

So it's been awhile since I've touched the bike. As I just finished school in may. I've got alot more progress done on the bike (pictures later.) I've had a few changes with the bike. It will no longer be blue and white but a gloss black and matte black scheme. I was working on it today. But my grinder decided to kick the bucket. Haven't taken it apart yet to try and fix it....and sadly our other grinder is off for repairs.

I have about 70-75% of the fabrication done. Its gonna be alot of small minor stuff and electrical, I will be ordering my new cables,grips, leather and dye, gel pad, pipe wrap and a few other bits.

to still show the inspiration of my dads bike the wrap and seat will be a similar blue ( ford blue) And some pinstripping accents. I'm still unsure of what the time of completion,will be but.... Its getting close:D

I hope you guys will enjoy the progress photos. Next weekend I will be trying to get a running video if my baffels and cables come in

Update. Just finished up going to the swap meet in Paris Ontario this past weekend and got a few things. I had to find a replacement headlight as from what my dad and i figured the glue and rubber had deteriorated sitting in the sheet metal shed over last summer and melted all over the lens making it pretty much useless. I also picked up a short light bar for the rear fender( exact bar which my dad runs i can't recall the measurement.) i also picked up a spare light to rip the guts out of to put into my rear 68 harley tail light. I scored a deal and got an entire replacement wire harness for my bike (ignition coil....everything) for a buck! I love swap meets =D) I also got a few lenses for the tail light....as i did not want to steal dad's spares >=P.

As of today we have started the body work and final steps of the bike !

I will be uploading 2 videos to my youtube to show you guys the bike running 3 days ago, as we were testing all the electrical compenents to ensure it was all working still and the bike turned over after sitting for awhile ( i personally had to contain myself as how excited i was to turn it over and hear the Lil Bastard purr....more like an angry chainsaw hahaha =D.)

I will post photo's once i get home of the progress from today. I got some of the cleaning up on the frame done and some painting done. ( its nothing fancy as we all know i ain't building this as a trailer queen haha.) My dads is going to teach me how to do the body work this week and get the frame and fenders ready for paint. I still haven't ordered my baffels and gotten my cables but once i do and the bikes together we will be doing carb adjustments as it runs like crap still atm.

I did have a ton of fun today either way. As i always love doing the painting process ( use to build models as a kid and always took my time and attention to detail on the paint......with exceptions.) That's it for now till i post the photo's I hope you guys enjoy this as much as i am having fun building this backyard beast with my dad.

Sorry about uploading. Sad news came up, my grandfather passed away at 87 just shy of his 88th bday and I have just finished up with all the family stuff and funeral. I have been keeping up my work on the bike. The rear fender is at the last stage of body work before paint. I will post photos either tonight or the next day or 2.

I have come to learn that bondo and sanding is time consuming and damn is it a pain to mix in changing weather. But I'm proud of how well I've picked up this old dying art and just need more practice.

thanks again for everyone's support and suggestions so far on my first bike/build.

Jordan

Gonna skip all the boring photos of my first time doing body work and show the good stuff =D. The bike is nearing completion

Back
Top Bottom