pics from British in the BlueRidge

Speedfiend

Coast to Coast
Just got back. Had a blast. Lots of cool bikes and good food and drink. Even met a few DTTers! If you live w/n 6 hrs and you missed it..................you SUCK. but don't worry, heres what you missed;

First, the scenery, WOW!
100_0590.jpg

My son, ready to ride.
100_0579.jpg

My friend Jake Hall's Goldie, just got this one together.
100_0492.jpg

His brother Robs Trackmaster
100_0496.jpg

Dr. Tims street tracxker
100_0510.jpg

Another cool tracker, don't know the who though
100_0507.jpg

And this thing from Brian at Brit and American Bikes in ATL
100_0511.jpg

A couple od genuine Manx's
100_0514.jpg

100_0514.jpg

One of the few stock bikes I took a picture of.
100_0516.jpg

Heres a rare one.
100_0531.jpg

My friend Stans tastefuly done Commando
100_0526.jpg

Glen Buellys Rapide
100_0495.jpg

Like choppers? We got them too!
Blake from Atl's tough as nails Triumph w/ Duc frontend
100_0506.jpg

Another crazy bike from Brian in ATL
100_0505.jpg

Cool little Honda
100_0522.jpg

A trippy Tiumph, don't know this guy
100_0504.jpg

Rad van
100_0520.jpg

And heres for all the whinners "whanh, brit bikes are all expensive, whanh"
Running bike
100_0525.jpg

Good strt for a progect,Asking 650, took 500
100_0519.jpg

Another good start, asking 750..
100_0524.jpg

And check out the time capsule
100_0518.jpg

Anyone else get any good pics?

Believe it or no, those are both daily riders. Glen let me ride the Rapide last year. Fuckin Amazing! The way those short stroke big twins make power, awsome. If they only had brakes to match...

Jake also has a more period correct Goldie and one that he races AHRMA

Speedfiend said:
Believe it or no, those are both daily riders. Glen let me ride the Rapide last year. Fuckin Amazing! The way those short stroke big twins make power, awsome. If they only had brakes to match...

Jake also has a more period correct Goldie and one that he races AHRMA

Impressive!!

What the heck- where you at? You know Earl?

Some weird customs there, for sure. That one looks like it would bottom-out on any bumps in the road.
Looks like I was the only one dumb enough to ride a Royal Enfield... It was hottyhell.
BUT- it was nice seeing the new UCE Enfields. From many of the pictures i worried about what they would lok like. The stock mufflers even sound good. I liked John Landstrom's Douglas ISDT, too. (I don't take very good pictures)

Attachments

• Douglas.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 132
I'm just down the road a piece in Hendersonville. Yeah, I know Earl and the rest of the Scooter Scum bunch from Asheville. You may know my pop, Dan Huggins.

I saw a few R E's running around last weekend. This nice little cafe in particular

100_0517.jpg

And I saw a guy riding round on a new burgandy RE. The new power plants look tits, but I always thought that neutral finder was cool. But i guess i'd trade it for another gear too.

( i'm still sorting thru all the pics I took, anybody get a shot of that alloy tank/seat commando?)

OK. I was at your house a couple weeks ago. Thought I had the slow race in the bag, too- but I fixated on the divit a Harley put in the grass. I also usually see him and Sarah at Hillbilly's run. I'm the one that looks like Elmer Fudd.

BTW- didn't see it; Did you put your bike in the show?
Come to think of it- did Danny put HIS bike in the show?

Uncle Ernie said:
OK. I was at your house a couple weeks ago. Thought I had the slow race in the bag, too- but I fixated on the divit a Harley put in the grass. I also usually see him and Sarah at Hillbilly's run. I'm the one that looks like Elmer Fudd.

BTW- didn't see it; Did you put your bike in the show?
Come to think of it- did Danny put HIS bike in the show?

Actually, my wife and I live just a few blocks from Pop. Did you see Pop drop his bike doin doughnuts or the wet grass? He's old enough to know better. He taught me better anyway. I had my son offer him his bike w/ training wheels, HaHa!

I didn't take my Triton to BIBR, I have already won a 1rst Best Custom with it and my stuff gets used too much to put in the Masters class. besides I just finished my 71' BSA (the purple one in pic #2) so I took it instead. Pop put his Triton in the show though. Can't believe he won a trophy with a bike thats not even painted. Its good to have lots of friends.

Anyhoo, its good to put a face with the name! See ya on the road!

Great looking bikes. I recognize many of them from the rally. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Posted this as a reply in the East coast section, but thought I would add it here too:

So I finally got the time to load a few of the pics from our trip. I met another guy with an SP that had the cafe treatment like mine and convinced him to go on a ride with us. We chased each other across highway 180 on a very spirited ride. It is not so often that a Guzzi cafe gets to chase a Guzzi cafe, especially on a road like that. I had a great time and both bikes did great on the mountain roads! Cant wait to go back to the area when I can....

Here is Bob on his 83 SP cafe, my 84 cafe, and my Centauro
IMG_4922.jpg

From the left, my cafe, Jon's RC51, Eric (Bryrdman) with the Centauro and Bob with his bike...
IMG_4923.jpg

At the end of 180 with 3 well flogged bikes..... :p
IMG_4924.jpg

A couple of action shots of Eric riding my Cafe, taken by my favorite on-board photographer...

IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4916.jpg

A stop to show where I spotted a really big bear about 80 feet up in a tree last trip...
IMG_4905.jpg

And an unplanned stop where a Georgia SHP "bear" spotted us! :eek:

IMG_4909.jpg

Not happy I was taking photos of the event..... ::(
IMG_4910.jpg

If looks could kill..... ;D

We were stopped because my friend on the RC had his plate tucked under the bike, and he didnt much care for the vertical placement of the plate on the cafe. With a couple of friendly warnings about the tags and speed, and also notifying us of the biker death count on local roads we were back to the cabin in a while...

IMG_4899.jpg

What a great weekend!!!!

T-shirt and jeans are GSP standard wear now? ::)
I read a news article that videoing police in action is a felony in some states. How can videoing a public employee in a public place possibly be a crime in the US? ::)

Back
Top Bottom