72 CB450 wheel size question...

Nudist

Typical Stripper
So I am considering lacing up some 17" hoops to my existing CB450 hubs. Question is, what would be a good recommended width and tire size for front/rear?

Thanks.

Nood.

Measure from the center of your rear wheel to the chain, double that, and there's your max width in the back. Or at least a starting point. Same up front- measure the distance between your forks for the max width.

Ya, it wouldnt do much as far as ride height. Finding the wheels in the right widths may prove difficult/expensive though.

Von's right - the cost is a real killer. I believe it was Tim that said for fully rebuilt / custom wheels, it's around $800 to $1000. Give the guys over at Buchanon's a call. Then remember that they only do the spokes and wheels. No paint, powder, bearings, tires, etc.

You can get much better tyres at reasonable prices in 17"
The cost of Super Moto rims is going to be real high though
If I was doing it, I would get WM4 front and WM6 rear, but I don't think there is enough space to fit wide tyres
Relatively cheap way to find out, get some older sport bike 17" wheels (something from the 90's, before they started using 4.5" front and 5.5"~6" wide rims)

Cost won't really be a huge factor. I will just be buying the hoops and spokes and having a friend lace them up. Powder isnt that expensive since I will be doing a bunch of other parts as well. Have to do lots of bearing on a full on sportbike rebuild, so I can handle a few.

Thanks for the thoughts fellas.

I think a 450 super-moto would be pretty cool and definitely different.
Are you going to be using track bike take off tyres?

Back
Top Bottom