TX500 build

Hadn't planned on doing anything other than cleaning my carbs, but I have now added it to my list. They look terrific!

Wow, what you did with the wheels, carbs, engine and seat are exactly what I'm wanting to do to my TX750. Can't wait to see the finished bike.

Ooooooo.... :eek:

Everything is sooo shiny!! Great Work!! Can't wait for the V stacks on that "sucker". Pun intended!! ::)

Bro your build is awesome. I love your shop shots, makes me feel I'm not alone. The carbs are kick ass, you powdered right. Im gonna hit him up see if his wife is all good, and see if he can hook me up with some stacks. Freekin Pro man nice.

well... been away for about a week on the bike... time to get it cracking! spent about two hours arranging things in the shop to prepare for the re assembly... also got our other bikes at my buddies in his heated garage and her 250 and my bob back in my garage (both will get quite a bit of work after this bike is all finished up)
anyway... tonight i preped the motor for the permatex (the right stuff) gasket maker stuff.... was hoping to get some powder shot as well on the engine mount but i will have to shoot that tomorrow... mom called and she did not want dad crawling though their attic for christmas crap so i was the lucky winner... LUCKY IS RIGHT!!!! found a old chopper tank up there! talked to dad and he told me that he still has 4 boxes of old parts from when he used to build all his choppers!!!! it the mother load of AWESOME!!!!
here is the tank i snagged up (notice the body work to the front to keep it high on the back bone and the duel rear petcocks... just awesome! and the inside is spotless!!!!) ill post some pics of the parts when i dig those out of the crawl space...

so.. here are the pics:

NO MORE BURNED ON GASKETS... took forever!

2empxci.jpg

14smc0p.jpg

5cc45l.jpg

chopper tank:

xcu847.jpg

311rkw0.jpg

boomshakalaka said:
if you didnt take the bottom end apart, how is the case so clean of oil?

I blew them out with the air compressor before paint... did not want oil leaking down on my new paint and ruining it... also made getting any old gasket that fell down there so much easier to get out!

tonight was alot of prep work to get a little done...
I saw IMOALE 's coils... and was jelous mine where not all pretty like that... so when i was doing my engine mounts, i did my coil bracket as well... then i prepped up and did my battery box as well... the rest of the night was spent trying to figure out how to get the rear sets i have strait.. (they are off a wrecked GSXR... not sure i will use them) this powder is picky to work with and requires a TON of prep.. but as you can see the results are WELL worth it... looks amost BALLS on to highly polished metal!

NO... the motor still is not in.. we got a ton of snow and i had to pull two of my buddies out of ditches tonight... still need to seal the motor up but at least the mounts are done and ready to hold that sucker in place!!!

here are some pics for those of us that can not read

Before on coils

20az5dz.jpg

Motor mounts/ coil bracket

2ql8zuc.jpg

after on coils

nesy3b.jpg

refrence for you... polished on the left, powder on the right
15pnxtx.jpg

16aco6b.jpg

2i8zy1g.jpg

Holy SH*T that powder is awsome! I could use that formy wheels and not have to spend hours and days polishing. What is the brand and how much?? I might just invest in a gun and an oven!

Maritime Biker said:
Holy SH*T that powder is awsome! I could use that formy wheels and not have to spend hours and days polishing. What is the brand and how much?? I might just invest in a gun and an oven!

I did a dry mix of two powders and layed it down at 1.3mm (keep it thin so that you get the chrome effect) only thing is IT IS THIN! i am going to have to clear as i almost always lay 2 - 3 mm thick on my powder... only thing is clears will sometimes take away the effect... so the only way to test it is to let it harden fully cure (for about another day) and then... well... hit it with a hammer... if it chips it needs clear... if not i am good to go... i had to basicly polish this... got it to 800 grit to ensure it was super smooth before i shot it, with just 1.3mm thick it will show any inprefections... it is a mix of extreme chrome and patent chrome... both run about adverage in powder costs, the OVEN is where you spend all your $$$$ ha ha ha that and media! all my harley buddies are juicing thier pants about this color... lets hope it is as tuff as it looks... either that or when i clear it it does not loose the BLING... thanks for the Props guys!

ahhh... really hoping to get the motor in tonight.. all my help is sleeping... bastards, i would get up to help them... anyway,,, got the frame preped up, motor all put back together... trying the permatex "the right stuff" on the side cases and "the gray" high heat on the valve cover... we will see... squished out a bit but i will trim that down once it drys.... i have to say... the motor does look pretty sick... i have two repair manuals... neither of which show how to re assemble the cluch cable perch... so had to work that till it fit in... going to take a bit of digging to get that right i feel...
for motor prep on the frame i go to home depot and get the crap that you wrap around pipes to keep them from freezing... about a buck for a 10 ft piece... then jsut cut to fit... this way i can weasle it around the motor and not worry about going ape shit if i hit it...

24xkti1.jpg

1znorvl.jpg

2ro4b37.jpg

2qbzwwh.jpg

33cu2ya.jpg

ok.. so it just dawned on me that i will not get to work on this again till at least sunday... got a Kempo gathering tomorrow night and work party Friday... so, HAD to get the motor in tonight... here she is! i am PUMPED now... looks awesome!... I am going to BED... after a shower and about an hour of scrubbing my hands... my god, can not belive i forgot to put on gloves, ah ha ha ha

3442wro.jpg

zikdxt.jpg

2lcu49l.jpg

28ji9zo.jpg

PM your number man... i have all day tomorrow off... all i have to do is lift then work on the scoot... help is ALWAYS welcome... ha ha ha i dont really sleep to much.

Back
Top Bottom