Pressure Wash Cylinder with Valves?

1sttimer

Over 1,000 Posts
Hey there...I have my CB175 engine completely disassembled except I haven't removed the valves from the head. Everything is painted except for this portion.

Can I pressure wash the cylinder head, exhaust ports and valves without fear of damage to remove dirt and debris before paint?

I really don't want to remove the valves if I don't have to. I will be soda blasting this component too so should I bother masking or can I blast the outer surfaces away and then wash everything off well?

Thanks!!

Wont hurt anything, but after you wash it dry it quickly and hit it with some oil or WD40 or something as the springs will flash rust pretty quickly

Should be fine to blast and wash with the valves in, but it's nice to remove them and get the carbon off.

Awesome. That's a nice peace of mind. I'm new to soda blasting and it's so nice to now have to worry about glass beads rolling around in your oil anywhere. Washes perfectly clean!

Oh and soda blast first, then power wash, and then soak the part in the sink in hot water for a while to make sure all of the soda is dissolved. Also spray any blind holes out with compressed air when you're done soda blasting, as they pack full of soda and it wont dissolve down in there.

Back
Top Bottom