Project CB350F cafe brat

I have the same seat on my XS750. I haven’t found it an issue

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Ha yeah I missed that one. All good. So I’m wondering if I should make some carbon fibre fenders and electrics box. I watched a couple videos and it seems easy enough. So 2 meters by 800mm sheet is $50 delivered. That would go close to covering both fenders. I would likely paint them black because I can’t imagine making them to look perfect however hard I try. Alternatively I use the steel fenders but they are heavy. They will get cut down to a better size but still, it will be heavy

Custom spokes rocked up from AliExpress. They look awesome. So I spent $140 inclusive for all the spokes for both wheels. Prices in Australia were $440 plus post for the same. Fuck that, poor asians need a laksa noodle dinner

Attachments

• IMG_3770.JPG
    IMG_3770.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 281
Laced up. I have a warp 9? Spoke torque wrench on the way so I can true up the rims. Then tyres. I’m thinking pirelli sport demons

Attachments

• IMG_3809.JPG
    IMG_3809.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 271
Engine top end is torqued. I kinda stuffed up though, I used a big torque wrench which had to be set below the markings. I thought it would be accurate but I don’t think it was. I stripped about 6 threads on the valve head! Ended up going up 1mm with a tap which worked but was annoying. Carbs are still not done, big case of CBF going on. Might go take the bottom end off to have a look and get the metal out. After that it’s getting painted Matt black

I’m looking at what pint scheme I should do for the tank and fenders. Probably going matte black with a gloss black stripe but off to one side of the fuel cap, left or right

Attachments

• Image1525875933.242351.jpg
    Image1525875933.242351.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_3915.jpg
    IMG_3915.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 265
just out of curiousity have you mounted up your master cylinder?
I had those some clip ons and the master cylinder did not work at all at a reasonable angle - I ended up getting new clip ones that were all steel instead of aluminum - comprimise in weight but I could run the stock master cylinder without interference. (this was before I decided to do the remote master cylinder I have now)

i've seen people shave a good amount off the cylinder - or just use a radial master from a modern bike

I doubt I will go stock, it’s a bit big and clunky for me. I will need to consider it soon though. Probably a modern option I think

Probably going to order these grips. They look awesome

Attachments

• Image1525947757.534920.jpg
    Image1525947757.534920.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 320
Also deciding about the electrics. Moto gadget looks really good but is really expensive. I’m thinking eastern beaver pc-8. I like the neat form factor of the fuse box for a half reasonable price. Has anyone got any suggestions for some other setup?

https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/Fuseboxes/PC-8/pc-8.html

Man, love those grips. I ended up using tennis racquet leather grips on my old V Star but these look much better. Thanks for the posting - got these beauties bookmarked 8)

Fb-11 looks good. It’s nearly double the price of pc-8 though. The fault indication led’s are good, especially with a clear box. Probably will go the pc-8 I think. Cheers though. I’m not sure what size start relay I need. Maybe I will tong test the start motor to see what sort of current it pulls. I’m thinking a 30 amp relay would be ok or can go a 50 amp for an extra $30. No point spending the extra if I don’t need it

stubsryan said:
Also deciding about the electrics. Moto gadget looks really good but is really expensive. I’m thinking eastern beaver pc-8. I like the neat form factor of the fuse box for a half reasonable price. Has anyone got any suggestions for some other setup?

That's what I used on a couple of custom bikes. Great product for a simple wiring set up. I think the Spark Moto unit may also includes relays on the board but check with Matt (Sonrier on this forum) to be sure.

Automotive relays are cheap. Buy waterproof connectors and relays from Sonrier or Eastern Beaver.

I’m mostly soldering and heat shrinking as many joins as I can I think.

So I got the carbies done. Engine is in, carbies are on. Pamco ignition is on. Going to try start the old girl this week. If that all goes well, it’s all coming back out of the bike for paint. See I needed it in position to finalise the cutting and welding. Lucky beCause my original box of magic was missing a few important bits that I need to make up now. Front engine mount, throttle cable guide, rear engine spacer and bolt. Also trying up the wheels, that sucks! I have spent hours on that! Like heaps of hours. It’s all part of the fun right?, right? Yeah well it beats just paying for it to be done, that’s cheating. Will get some photos and maybe a video through of the bike spluttering with no exhaust! I’m missing more bits! The exhaust collars, will order on eBay soon I think

Can you post videos on this app? I can’t work it out. I want to show you lads the video of the engine running. So it starts and runs. Bogs down and stalls under acceleration but that’s because the exhaust isn’t on or it tuned properly. Still stoked it starts tho. Will be pulling out this week and sandblasting the engine now I know it’s ok. Actually heard some squealing from the alternator side but I don’t know what to think. Train of thought is to run with it at the moment and see what happens. I couldn’t hear it running, only when it was turning over. Could be an issue. Anyway, things are starting to happen, stay tuned

stubsryan said:

Did you wire up your PC-8 yet? I'm going to attempt mine this weekend.....

Back
Top Bottom