Parts prices on the rise? Anyone else noticing this?

trek97

No Custom Title
DTT BOTM WINNER
Talking at work w our steel pipe supplier he says "ALL of his suppliers have just gone through the roof w prices due to the new tariff bullshit"

After making my last order w David Silver Spares, last week. I logged in to check my orders status.

Just perusing through the 400f parts list. I quickly noticed ALL the prices had gone up, considerably.

Enough so, that there are parts I just ordered that I wouldn't have paid the price for now.

Wondering is this is just coincidence or if its related to the tariff thing.

Anyone else noticing this?

Aluminum from Kaiser has had a negligible increase through my distributer.

Some has been the same since January, some has gone up $0.20/ft.

How would the tariffs be affecting parts prices from David Silver's? They're not raw materials.

J-Rod10 said:

How would the tariffs be affecting parts prices from David Silver's? They're not raw materials.

I could just be coincidence they probably raise prices across the board every now and again along w normal inflation.

trek97 said:
I could just be coincidence they probably raise prices across the board every now and again along w normal inflation.
Could be demand related, I suppose. People are iffy about tariffs going in to place on finished products, they're ordering stuff to sit on to save a few bucks later. Artificially increasing demand, so to speak.

Customer that I build charging valves for has a 4,600sq.ft building full of refrigeration units he just got in from China, just in case.

J-Rod10 said:

Kaiser has plants in the US. I know that one of their mines is in Jamaica, I'm sure there are others throughout the world.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom