"Dago" Resurrecting a 350F gently

Re: "Dago Roller" Resurrecting a 350F gently

nice mate, she looked like a heap when you started but now shes coming along great. cant wait to see it all cleaned and sparkling

Alright Rich, I'll do that then.. Yea I work a month on/month off, I just been busy from getting on the computer and posting pictures and such. Thanks Deep, I saw the first post too and I am starting to see it, the end is a little foggy with color and tank configuration but I'm just winging it on the general design I have! I want to put it together so bad too.. I am a ways away though.

Patience is a virtue..

Question, which clutch plates are better: EBC or Vesrah?

Also, I'm not really looking for top speed but I would like to hit the ton. what sprocket configuration would be best? smaller up front and and stock in the rear or vice versa? or same as before but go up sizes instead of down?

Sorry Ronnie, I can't help with the clutch plates.

As far as the stock sprockets go, I wouldn't change the front size unless necessary. A smaller front puts more stress on the chain (more flex around the smaller diameter). And a bigger sprocket can cause interference on some bikes (not sure about the 400F though.......). That's all the info I've got.

Oh alright Rich, thanks.. I might just go up one in the back later on if I want it zippier. I'm not looking for top speed, just acceleration from the lights!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Got some parts in last week and I was pretty excited about it.. got my cam back from Webcam got the #3 hot street hardweld. Plus i got new double vleve springs from them as well. Then my parts from Kevin at ttr400 came in: exhaust flanges, heavy duty race cam chain, billet cam chain adjuster, and bronze valve guides.

Now the only thing left is to get my jugs bored and honed.. I am thinking about sending my jugs, pistons, head and valves to Golden Age Motorcycles for boring and honing plus get the valves and pistons some dry film lubricant and ceramic coatings for cooler temps and longer life. Might get him to do my valve guides and surface the head and jugs so its less likely to have the typical head leaks.

But I guess until I decide to do that I might break down the rest of the engine and see about changing the cam chain and adjuster while also looking at the crank and bearings for wear.

Attachments

• IMG_20120721_110158.jpg
    IMG_20120721_110158.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 298

So I attempted to break open the crankcase so i could get the cam off and check out the vitals.. well all I have is a 350f manual with a small 400f supplement at the end that doesn't give much info on the topic.. I know I need yo get the books I know.. jeez chill.

OK so I tried to take them apart and it won't separate. I took off the stator and all the bolts are out, it cracks open but I think the crank chain is holding it on. How the hell do you get the top off the bottom to access the crank and cam chain?

Oh and I think the clutch assembly slide over cause its hanging out a little now and won't go back in and the cases won't close back together now

Question, which clutch plates are better: EBC, Barnett, or Vesrah?

Going to need new plates and springs when I get home from work, but I would like to get the best product for reliability and performance. I don't wan't to skimp on the very thing that makes it go.

Bump on those clutches before I start another thread on it?

can't comment on the vesrah but I have ebc clutch plates and they are working perfectly

Racers I know run OEM clutches with barnett springs

I have run EBC on a few bikes and they were fine

ALright, I haven't measured the existing plates yet but springs can be changed on the cheap so if the plates are good I'll use those and order some new springs. Just waiting to get home Tues so I can start back up again.. Thanks surffly

The jugs are being bored as of Wednesday afternoon, my pops dropped off the pistons and my head(getting decked) so they should be done by the time I get home! I'm pretty excited, I still have to break down that clutch and split the case to check the rest of the vitals for condition and what not. Only 4 days and a wake up till I get home! Also, 2 weeks till Barbs!

Just picked up my newly bored jugs and surfaced head! Pictures to come when I get home!

Six weeks home from offshore... Can't wait to put it together!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349206892759.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349206892759.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 291
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349206945194.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349206945194.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 298
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349206997555.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349206997555.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 290

Shit looks nice, man! Was the head cut?

Yea I got the guy to surface it so its flat again. Hopefully it reduces the chance of head gasket leaking like they are prone to doing. And thanks!

Yea... I just fired my bike up the other night and even with brand new surface and new gaskets (good ones too) I had some oil dripping. I have to figure that ish out.

If you just put it together and its leaking. You might have to retorque the head bolts. Everything is going to settle in a "stretch" (in a sense) so it will loosen up slightly. Give it another torque down per manual order and specs and hope it seats better.

Yea. I was planning on doing that once I addressed a few things. Def before I ride it though.

Back
Top Bottom