Hardware store confusion

The funny part was she actually dropped the bolt into the egg color and it came out blue....LOL

trek97 said:
I pay my daughter $2.00 an hour to dip the years bolts into loctite every easter.

Excellent! I've always thought wrenchin' on motorcikkles should be a family sport! That way you can have "March Madness" all year long! $2.00 an hour?!?!? You really spoil your kids don't you!

o1marc said:
O'Reilly's has the Permatex brand of thread lockers and has it in 19 different sizes and colors for every application including Blue Surface Insensitive Threadlocker. Green, Purple, Blue, Red.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/Threadlockers,+Sealants+&+Compounds/N0489/C2392.oap?page=1&results=20&sortBy=1

Thanx! They have a big selection of battery tenders, too! ;D

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/Battery+Chargers/N0360/C0005.oap?mn=Battery+Tender&mc=BTD

Happy Easter

11494-040415205013.jpeg

Up here's abouts in Canada the Loctite is used if you are on the runs. Mostly available in the brown and red. Is there a time you shoulda' be a usin' dat too?

If you have the red-runs, you better get to the doc quick.

You have some seriously jacked-up shit!

The Ace Hardware I worked atcarried the Permtex brand threadlocker in store, but could special order Loctite. Thredlocker was carried in the Automotive section, while superglues and most general adhesives were found near the paint section. I would guess that TrueValue has similar layout philosophies.

AgentX said:
What color is the best for ensuring a good seal between the rings and the barrel?
Brown. The oxidized steel shade.

hurco550 said:
Brown. The oxidized steel shade.

I've had some experience w/ that reddish-brown colored stuff. It does hold stuff pretty tight!

On a side note, back on the day I originally posted this I was laughing as some of the responses and Mrs Ridesolo asked what was so funny so I read the whole thread to her. (It got a mild laugh.) A while later I bought my bottle of fork oil and the first thing she asked was "what color is it?" Hmmm, more confusion, I guess. I didn't even bother to try and set her straight... ::)

Back
Top Bottom