What is the temp in your shop?

TC

It is 26 degrees in my 30x40 shop, do not think I will try to warm it up today (even tho I have the day off). Wood for the stove is buried under a foot of snow and an inch of ice on top of that. Tomorrow is going to be milder, I think, but a chance of more snow. So come on, you southern guys, lets see what the temp is in your shop, so I can be jealous, and let us know, you far northern guys, what the temp is in your neck of the woods, so I can be grateful.

the gas fireplace in my shop is coming on and off today but its 68 or so degrees

Mines about 40 at the moment. Goes up to about 70 when I get the wood stove running

in the 70's give or take

Supposed to be in the 80's all week here in Los Angeles

Ambient... single digits (F) earlier this week. Until I fire this Bad Boy up.

mr_heater_propane_convection_heater_80000btu_mh80cv.jpg

It heats about 1,900 sq. feet and runs 12 - 14 hours on 20-lb. tank... it takes the 24 x 32 shop about an hour and I start peeling off layers til I find myself working without a coat in a sweatshirt. ;)

Hoosier Daddy said:
Ambient... single digits (F) earlier this week. Until I fire this Bad Boy up.

mr_heater_propane_convection_heater_80000btu_mh80cv.jpg

It heats about 1,900 sq. feet and runs 12 - 14 hours on 20-lb. tank... it takes the 24 x 32 shop about an hour and I start peeling off layers til I find myself working without a coat in a sweatshirt. ;)

I have one of those too. Good little heater. Just got do expensive to keep the shop heated and its so loud.

Hoosier, we used to have earlier generations of that style heater at work. They had a pilot that was lit, then the pilot heated a capillary tube that had to reach a certain temp before the main burner would go. Thru a copious amount of heat though. We would have to tent off pieces of equipment and throw one of those heaters in there to get them to start. Like the sig line, by the way, I had a Sunbeam auto when I was in h.s. along with a placard saying "this vehicle is positive earth".

It's been varying a bit lately, but today it was about 65 inside when I went into the shop. Felt a little chilly so I opened the big roll up door and the sun quickly brought it up to near 80.

And people wonder why it costs more to live in Southern CA. Duh, cause it's worth it.

whatever temp I set the thermostat at . . . large hanging propane heater.

Sad news, we just sold the property that the 30x40 shop sits on to a developer . . . it comes down in April :mad:

23 degrees F out there right now ... no insulation or heat ( I have a little space heater... but it's worthless at these temps )

so I just stay in the house ;D

buckeyebike said:
whatever temp I set the thermostat at . . . large hanging propane heater.

Sad news, we just sold the property that the 30x40 shop sits on to a developer . . . it comes down in April :mad:

Your wife is not going to be happy about all those bikes in the house Hahahah

Usually hovers around the upper 50s in my shop. I have three electric heaters built into the walls, but I usually only run one. I don't heat the place up too warm because I like it kind of cool in there when I'm working.

30245_423497730158_249427_n.jpg

700 sq ft and insulated.

Rode to the beach on my 175 with a shirt on to go for a surf (in a wet suit) the weekend before Christmas. North Florida will dip below 32 every now and again, but it never really gets below 45 in the winter. Hell, I couldn't tell you the last time it was below 65 during the day.

Did I rub it in hard enough?

But if you look at my icon, that's me in my friend's old garage last winter...it was in the low 30s and we had no heat source. Not fun.

Yessir, RCR, rubbed it in real good....got the shop to 65 today, not to bad, just the wood stove (it has a magic heater in the stove pipe, which helps). Went to Home Depot today and got insulation kits for those three aluminum heat exchangers I call doors, on clearance too! Installed when I got home, will be interested how well it works.

Just went out and started a fire in the wood stove. The garage thermometer read about 14 degrees. :-\

Back
Top Bottom